How are the micros at partypoker?

• mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Hi people,

I was a nl5 rush poker reg, full tilt shut down just when I was about to start playing nl10 rush. Since the shut down, I stayed put waiting to be able to play there again, but now I'm starting to feel that urge to play and I am thinking about starting playing at party poker. As my wife plays there I have a pretty good idea about what the software looks like and it attracts me much more than pokerstars (plus my account at partypoker is linked to pokerstrategy which is a clear +) but I don't know what to expect in terms of softness/toughness of the field.
      I am interested in any opinion, but especially in those of people who played full tilt micros so I can have a clearer degree of comparison. Now I know that micros are micros and that I should expect to play against a pretty fishy field, but some opinions would really help me anyway.
      I intend to start from nl2 (how happy I feel about it...) and I tend to play pretty much lag because of the 110k hands I played in rush poker, do you think I should change this and play tag because of the lower limit? Which approach do you think is more profitable or less prejudicial at this very low limit?

thanks in advance for any help or advice.
  • 12 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      who knows honestly party just changed there rake style so no one knows
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      there are only 5k players in 4k table atm, i couldnt find any table to play, then i put bet on MU vs ARsenal, closed it n back on pokerstars.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrkhaan
      Hi people,

I was a nl5 rush poker reg, full tilt shut down just when I was about to start playing nl10 rush. Since the shut down, I stayed put waiting to be able to play there again, but now I'm starting to feel that urge to play and I am thinking about starting playing at party poker. As my wife plays there I have a pretty good idea about what the software looks like and it attracts me much more than pokerstars (plus my account at partypoker is linked to pokerstrategy which is a clear +) but I don't know what to expect in terms of softness/toughness of the field.
      I am interested in any opinion, but especially in those of people who played full tilt micros so I can have a clearer degree of comparison. Now I know that micros are micros and that I should expect to play against a pretty fishy field, but some opinions would really help me anyway.
      I intend to start from nl2 (how happy I feel about it...) and I tend to play pretty much lag because of the 110k hands I played in rush poker, do you think I should change this and play tag because of the lower limit? Which approach do you think is more profitable or less prejudicial at this very low limit?

thanks in advance for any help or advice.
      nl2 at party is very loose with players seeing the flop at 70% sometimes, I find I have to play pretty tight to win at this level as its so loose and I get called down so often. Nl4 and nl10 can be strange there are a lot of regs and it can be very rock like if you dont table select well enough, although this may suit your lag style :)
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answers guys.
      Roopopper, your answer is really useful, thanks a lot buddy!
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      definitely TAG for NL2

And yes, the NL4 and NL10 are frustrating, no tables, many regs. Dunno, I am thinking of switching to another room. :f_eek:
    • alvinm
      alvinm
      Bronze
      But i feels that SnG n MTT in Party is pretty good compare to Stars, base on numbers of registration n its softer..

Just my 2cents :)
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Multumesc pentru raspuns M1rcea. :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts alvinm, unfortunately I am pretty fishy in SnG and MMT, I am more of a FR CG kind of a guy. I rarely manage to change gears at the right moment, I have to work on that. Anyway, it's good to know that the field is softer, I'll may give it a try if I finally make the decision to play there.

Any other opinions are, of course, still welcomed.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      a lot bad players and bad plays, so a lot of bad beats. other day there was one guy who openraise 12ct everytime, others just open shoved couple of times, calling allins with 76o, 54o preflop and ofc makes str8s. standart.
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eteris
      a lot bad players and bad plays, so a lot of bad beats. other day there was one guy who openraise 12ct everytime, others just open shoved couple of times, calling allins with 76o, 54o preflop and ofc makes str8s. standart.
      At NL2 or NL4?
    • BillyTheGoat
      BillyTheGoat
      Bronze
      Very loose, and sometimes very, very weird plays. In general, a good room to play on if you can take bad beats without tilting too hard. The micro's are very soft, at least from my experience.

I had a guy shove QTo preflop, then a guy shoved T6s. Unfortunately, the last guy didn't shove against me -.- Oh well, one stack is also good.

The bad beats sting a lot, because of the sometimes ridiculous ranges of people, but of course that just means that when you run good, you will win a lot of money from these same fish.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrkhaan
      Originally posted by eteris
      At NL2 or NL4?
      NL2
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      if you join using a credit or debit card and at some point want to make a withdrawal they will then require some form of "national Id document "
      Nevermind that they accept your money right from the start, its when you want to withdraw is when you start to get this grief :(

my recommendation would be to avoid party poker.

Roo