[NL2-NL10] 2Nl Jj

• esuohdla
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      UTG1 raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 4 folds, UTG1 raises to $0.81, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.21.

This is a spot ive never actually been 100% sure on. If we assume villain is a complete unknown, should we be 3betting a UTG raise with JJ? What about if the opponent is in middle or late position?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello esuohdla,

Don't like the 3bet against UTG range unless we have any proofs that he is capable of raising loose. But as you raise your plan actually with the 3bet should be that you did it for bluff, didn't you? :D Plus vs his stack?

Best regards.
    • esuohdla
      In that specific circumstance I knew he was loose and didnt factor position into his play so I figured id get value from a 3bet and taking the initiative rather than a call, but when he 4bet I really didnt think he would be doing it lighter than QQ/AK, a range im quite crushed against. Still it got me thinking ive no idea how to handle such a situation against an unknown UTG player, but thanks for the answers, makes it easier to handle a situation like that in future. Figure I really should have flatted his raise for setvalue, were he unknown, since he is so close to being within the call20 rule and as he is very short id have a good chance of getting an all in when hit.