$2
      MP3:
      $1,24
      CO:
      $2,01
      BU:
      $1,33

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , 7:heart: . Hero posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero checks, MP3 calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, BU calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,14) Q:heart: , T:diamond: , 9:club: (7 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,08, 2 folds, BU calls $0,08, 3 folds.

Turn: ($0,30) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,3, Hero calls $0,30.

River: ($0,90) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,9, Hero calls $0,90.

Final Pot: $2,70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qs 7h)
      BU shows (9h 7s)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qs 7h)

i stoped raising after turn because of possible KJ, and - i knew that player from tables, and know that what ever i do - he would double me... so i checked what would he do.. when he started betting pot - i suspected that he isn't so strong and wannt to scare me away.. i assumed that by watching him play some time, because we meet at tables offten... and he almost never goes to showdown, because he scare his opponents with big bets...

was that lucky guess, or i assumed that on right facts?

i must say that, although i won that hand - i wasn't verry hapy about it, and wasn't comfortable about staying at that table, and left it immidietly...

also - i don't know what would i do if he bet less on river - half of a pot, or something like that...
  • 8 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      BU is a maniac. Once you saw the flop, bet-call, check-call, check-call are more than appropriate lines.

I wouldn't be taking flops with Q7o though, especially not big multi-way flops. Just because there is a maniac throwing big blinds randomly around the table doesn't mean we deliberately get into marginal situations trying to pick some up.

In this hand it is easy to come up with hands the maniac can have that beat us, and raising will only isolate them *and* prevent him throwing money at you with worse. So call, check-call, check call all the way down.
    • n3w8i3
      n3w8i3
      Bronze
      yes - i forgot to say how i got involved in this hand - i was to lazy t owait big blind, so i posted BB so i include in regular play.. off course - if someone raised preflop - i would fold it...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello n3w8i3,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: On MP2 don't post the blind. :)

As played
      Flop: I'd bet it even bigger on flop ~$0,10.
      Turn: Why do you Check it here? Rather just bet yourself. ;)

As played
      River: And also Bet/Fold yourself than go for hero-call as you did right now. Jx even beats you. Pretty much overplayed your hand while being in just a freeplay pot.

Best regards.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Veriz, on the turn and river the villain is doing the betting :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Uh! Kinda hard to believe that people Check in those spots. :D Guess betting should be pretty standard.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      wait for BB to post your BB....;)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Uh! Kinda hard to believe that people Check in those spots. :D Guess betting should be pretty standard.
      You wouldn't go to check-call, check-call against a maniac villain with TPBK that improved to trips+BK on that board?

I figure betting into him is only going to isolate us against hands that have us beat, while a bad maniac will keep trying to push us off the pot with any two.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      You wouldn't go to check-call, check-call against a maniac villain with TPBK that improved to trips+BK on that board?

I figure betting into him is only going to isolate us against hands that have us beat, while a bad maniac will keep trying to push us off the pot with any two.
      But do you really want to turn your hand into bluff-catcher in this case and make those hero-calls on such a board? Vs an opponent on you have only 29 hands?