What is a good winning rate?

• Noy2222
      Noy2222
      Bronze
      So I finally decided I'm sick of freerolls, took 9.5 of my pounds and invested them in my poker account.
      Hoping all my training for the past few months have not gone in vain, I started playing (almost strictly on $0.20+0.04 10 player SnGs) and recorded every single game result on a spreadsheet:
      http://files.noy2222.fastmail.fm/Poker%20stats.xls
      After 30 games, 2 profitable days, and 1... barely profitable day, I wonder, what is a good winning rate?
      In terms of money and/or games?
      Can my first (1-7) and second (8-15) day be considered successful?
      While I'm at it, at which stage can I allow myself to switch to the $0.50+0.10 tournys?
      Thanks
      Noy
  • 1 reply
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Noy2222,

In-order to check your winning rate you should try to calculate your ROI (Return on Investment) which is basically calculated by taking your net-profit (subtract the rake) divded by your buy-ins. If this is positiv its already a good sign - and generally at the low limits you should be looking to achieve somewhere between 20-30%.

Your sample of 30 SnGs is currently still to small to say much about how you are playing since the sample frame is much too small. I usually play multiple tournaments at once and have had sessions where I played 8 tournaments and only got into the money once (and lost a whole bunch) and other sessions where I played 8 and got into the money 8 times, 5 times first, 2 times second and 1 time third.. (and went up who knows how much)...

So your winning rate will still fluctuate for a long time to come.

I am working on several SNG articles right now though - so you can look forward to those coming out soon :)

Best regards
      SoyCD