Zeffke

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi,

Some of you guys might still know me. I played NL100 before with succes, altough I took a long break from playing dedicated poker (2-3 years I just played with some friends or a smallish MTT but not seriously) and now I'm back but with far less succes. So I want to start over again, and I think this project will bring me back to basics. So I get started again and maybe get back to the level I once was...

I did it once, I hope I can repeat it. :s_grin:
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Zeffke,

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course.

Welcome back to PokerStrategy and I wish you continued success at this beautiful game :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK #1:
      ---------------------

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Why play poker? Because it's a fun game to play and you can earn some money with it too and probably most of all because it's a competition. I like games and competitions so much. I always want to be the best in games. So my goal is to move up (as quick as possible but with decent bankrollmanagement) and make some extra money

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Probably a lot. One of the biggest leaks: I don't know what to do vs. flopraises. For example if i call a raise, i easily toss it away on the turn because I can't see me win the hand (burning money), etc... --> solution: post hands!
      Not enough 3-betting might be one as well. So when I 3-bet everyone knows I have a monster.
      Or another one playing hands like KQ AJ KJ... if I call a raise preflop with them I have a hard time postflop. While 3-betting them things might get ugly as well.. Solution --> post more hands & watch videos/coachings

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Don't play too many hands and if you play a hand, play it aggressive. Which means betting and raising, not calling down every street.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Zeffke,

What about your BR. Guess you had to start again from small-stakes? :(

Poker is actually a lot of fun and I do like competition as well. :> In poker it's even harder to beat since a lot good players are around on higher limits. Everyday you learning something new.

Probably a lot. One of the biggest leaks: I don't know what to do vs. flopraises. For example if i call a raise, i easily toss it away on the turn because I can't see me win the hand (burning money), etc... --> solution: post hands!

Wouldn't say it's always about 3betting. What did help for me is that you have to figure out the opponents range. If you know the opponents range then you also will know what kind of play you can do against him. What kind of plays would be the most profitable plays. Like either maybe to get it in if we have correct equity. Or is it just safer to fold even sometimes you might fold the best hand. Different boards, different opponents. But of course, the main solution is posting hands and discussing with others. How else you want to figure our if you are doing great with the equity?

Not enough 3-betting might be one as well. So when I 3-bet everyone knows I have a monster.

On the live tables it might not come up so much. I mean of course people still will realize that you are 3betting a lot. But in online it's whole different story. People do have stats and if you don't balance your 3bet on higher stake and do it only for value then it will be the case that you wont get paid when you have a strong hand. Wouldn't say that you have to turn yourself into 3bet maniac style. But still pick the opponents against you can 3bet, like if he is folding a lot to 3bets. Or other case would be that if you have a great hand which has good equity postflop. Or as well even a very easy to play hand like mid-PP, you mostly gonna just hope for a hit and if not then will give up your hand. Sometimes even Check/Folding directly on flop.

Or another one playing hands like KQ AJ KJ... if I call a raise preflop with them I have a hard time postflop. While 3-betting them things might get ugly as well.. Solution --> post more hands & watch videos/coachings

One good solution for your calling with those hands. I am pretty sure that we are talking about calling 3bets here. Try to figure out once again the opponents 3bet range. If we do hardly dominate his range and we are doing perfectly with our equity against his range and may even see worse hands like for example if we Call with AQo we will also see ATo then we can do it profitable. If we rather expect not to have that much information on him then rather just fold the hand and don't try to be fancy. Sometimes it saves some money, not much but at least something. :)

Hopefully it helped, I am up for any discussion if you want to.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.