This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

joined to ask Cornie4ever a tax question regarding the czech republic but can't sent him a message

• krtekPS
      krtekPS
      Basic
      Hi,

I just joined this forum and it wont let me send a messages to people. Could someone please direct Cornie4ever to this thread or give me some advice on how to reach him?

My situation is that I am a Czech citizen but a USA permanent resident. I have lived in the USA almost my whole life, since I was 3. After black friday I went to live in Europe so that I could pull funds out of the sites I play on. While I am here I am also playing some more.

I read about the 183 day non tax resident rule, and I will in fact be in the Czech Republic for less then 183 days before I return to the United States. I am confused on weather or not playing on poker sites that are located outside of the Czech republic counts as income earned in the Czech Republic as per the tax rules.

I also know that the Czech Republic (CR) and the United States not long ago signed a tax treaty to avoid double taxation. Since I pay the social taxes in the United States already and am a permanent resident there the only thing I believe is in question is the 15% flat tax in the CR. Even if I paid that I am almost certain that I Could deduct the amount I pay in the 15% when I pay my US federal taxes. But if I don't even need to pay the Czech taxes because of the 183 day thing that would make things a lot easier and more simple.

Cornie4ever it sounds like you are quite knowledgeable regarding this. I would really appreciate some advice. I would have sent a private message but the system would not allow me to do that.
  • 8 replies