This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJo nl2

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      can i call against such loose raise being in position? I must be ahead his range

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0,6
      MP1:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,12, 5 folds, BB calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,25) K:diamond: , 8:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,24, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $0,49
  • 3 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      you mean if he 3bets prflop do you call him?
      depends on hes 3bet %...he can be loose but 3bet like 2%....some weak loose players 3bet only QQ+...but in this spot...wp hand
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      While KJo is a bit of a garbage, often over played hand in general, in this spot - with the button, in position against a weak-loose player (58-28 1.0)... you've got to put in the 12 cents.

Had you hit that flop, the BB's near-pot donk would have been at least 30 cents. That's more than half his stack. After MP1 folds, raise behind to put BB all-in. Wierd-midstack B could bet out here with any kx, two diamonds, 8x, even some underpairs (QQ-22). Having played and hit TPGK I am not folding to a midstack who flatted preflop (almost always means he is a casual fish, not a mid-stack-strategy player).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tombic,

The problem is that you also have to know the opponent. I mean you can't just hope to Call and hit always. Since with just Calling you wont play the hand very profitable:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    47.33%  45.19%   2.14% { KJo }
      UTG+1  52.67%  50.53%   2.14% { 22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, A7o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo }

As you see you rather even behind. Therefore I guess I might even 3bet at some spots rather than Call but of course it also depends on the opponent.

Best regards.