[NL2-NL10] 44 nl4

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      i think im ahead his range even after his raise on flop therefore i wanted 3bet, but i become potcommited i asume and many scary cards can come so i just pushed. I put him on overcards, pp up to JJ, Ax. So 6x is very unlikely and 77-99 prolly fold

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,11
      Hero:
      $4,09

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4:heart: , 4:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, 2 folds, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 6:spade: , 6:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,26, SB raises to $0,52, Hero raises to $3,93 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $4,81
  • 6 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      i think calling the flop is the best here...cause if he is bluffing then he will fire other streets also..but if you raise...i dont think he is calling with worse hands there...and there nothing to protect against there
    • Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      i think he dont believe cbet and trying to push me off hand. I have equity to call on flop but lets say J+ comes on turn and he bets. I will have to fold. Thats why i dont like calling here. On other hand i push 3.5$ to win 1$, so push must work 4 times from 5.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tombic
      i think he dont believe cbet and trying to push me off hand. I have equity to call on flop but lets say J+ comes on turn and he bets. I will have to fold. Thats why i dont like calling here. On other hand i push 3.5$ to win 1$, so push must work 4 times from 5.
      lol... so what if the j comes on the turn and he hits.... most of time it wont fall and you get stacked off..
    • Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      thx for sharing your opinion in this and other hands aswell. I really apreciate it. Keep them coming

I think i was under influence of latest video i watched, and coach adviced to 3 bet in similar situation. Guess i wanted to test it :)
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      np
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tombic,

I do like your play. Why? Just for few reasons. We will be pretty much committed anyways on turn vs his stack. And we of course don't want to see any overcards. Plus with shipping here directly we might even sometimes make better PPs to fold. :)

But now again the question is if it's even worth? Do we know the opponent? Do we expect him to bluff in this case?

I made a similar situation few days back in HU play. When the flop was A8A and I had T high and got 3bet from the opponent and shipped the same way since I expected to have a lot of fold equity and expected also that he is bluffing in those spots since if he had the trips or FH he would never-ever 3bet. :) But for that of course you have to know the opponent as well not just vs unknown.

Best regards.