Android: Poker Equity Calculator

• mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      Hi all, I have just published an application in the Android Market similar to the Equilator.
      It is called Poker Equity Calculator.
      It is free, so you don't lose anything giving a try.
      If you have any questions, advice or you find any bug I would love you told me here.

To the moderators: I am not very sure if I can use the forum for this, if it is a problem tell me so.
  • 49 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Does it work also with android tables?

TY :)
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      It should, try it and tell me!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hey mamuso,

Being an Android head, I downloaded this app and found it to be a whole lot better than the other 'Poker Odds Calculator' that I had previously. Really nice piece of kit, well done!

It would be *really* cool if I could drag and select a range though, not just either click all individually or set a %range. Is that something that might be possible?

Congrats on the nice piece of kit :)
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      Hi MarcPS,
      First of all, thank you!
      What you say about selecting by not tapping button by button but dragging the finger around is interesting. Cause is that what you say, isn't it?
      I will work on that tomorrow and I'll tell you.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by mamuso
      Hi MarcPS,
      First of all, thank you!
      What you say about selecting by not tapping button by button but dragging the finger around is interesting. Cause is that what you say, isn't it?
      I will work on that tomorrow and I'll tell you.
      that's exactly what I mean...but I guess it's easier said than done ;)
    • ukwagon
      ukwagon
      Bronze
      Great stuff mamuso :D
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      ukwagon: Thank you!

MarcPS: I'm thinking how to do it... But the problem is that the finger drag is used for scrolling. Any ideas?
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by mamuso
      ukwagon: Thank you!

MarcPS: I'm thinking how to do it... But the problem is that the finger drag is used for scrolling. Any ideas?
      heh...afraid not. I can just about turn my phone on and use apps, but couldn't code one to save my life :(

maybe you could use the 'pinch' (when you zoom in and out, multi-gesture) to select two opposite vertices of a square?
    • Maartinss
      Maartinss
      Bronze
      Nice work.
      Are you develop this app for iPhone too?
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      MarcPS: It is a possibility, but not all devices have multitouch capabilities. I am still not sure that the current interface is the best so it may change and these ideas are very useful. Thanks again!

Maartinss: I'm afraid not, I have no experience with iPhone app development. Perhaps in a mid or long term...
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Nice job! Now if you can make an Android replacement for Poker Journal that would be awesome. I know I would pay up to $25 USD for a good one.
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      I didn't know about that Poker Journal tool. I will take it a look. I really need days of 48h. :P
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      It's for tracking live games and it's awesome! However no Android version and the one on Android is not so good.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi mate, it ask to sign up an account and after say that there isn't an android phone associate to this account. How I can resolve that?

TY :)

P.S. I got an android table not a phone. Can I download the app in a different way? TY
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      tokyoaces: I've added it to my list of apps to develop. I hope to have time to do it but don't know when.
      kiromanAAKK: Do you have the Android Market installed? It seems like you're seeing the download page in a browser, instead of the android market app. Enter the android market app and search "poker equity" or "mamuso" and you will see it. If for some reason you cannot use the android market, you will have to wait until I upload the app (probably when it is a bit less buggy) to some alternative market.
      BTW I strongly recommend you to install the Android Market App, as alternative markets are smaller and the apps are often outdated.
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      I've just updated the app fixing several bugs* and added the very wanted "Clear all" button.
      If you like the app please rank it with louds of stars in the maket and so you'll help to a little fish named mamuso...
      What about fishes? DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THE FISHES???

* What a kind of art is drunk programming... :f_ugly:
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      nice job
    • mamuso
      mamuso
      Bronze
      Hi, I've updated again. I hope it works better now!
      Poker Equity Calculator 1.04 has:
      * Newer and more accurate calculations on multiple ranges
      * Faster calculations on multiple ranges
      * Changed clear button behaviour on range selection screen
      * Go/pause button only enabled when useful
    • vanghld
      vanghld
      Bronze
      Great work Mamuso, thanks!