This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 KK, A river vs instant donkbet

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Villain 17/12 AF=2, 128 hands

I bet flop and I'm willing to get it in against any of the two players. The turn I bet for value (in case villain has a PP with a gutshot or another overpair).

The river was surprising, timing-wise... villain almost instant donkbet.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($25)
      BB ($28.34)
      UTG ($28.81)
      Hero ($42.13)
      CO ($10.19)
      BTN ($33.79)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, fold, SB calls $0.65, fold

FLOP ($2.50) 3:diamond: 2:spade: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO folds, SB calls $1.75

TURN ($6) 3:diamond: 2:spade: 2:club: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.25, SB calls $4.25

RIVER ($14.50) 3:diamond: 2:spade: 2:club: 6:club: A:heart:

SB bets $10.34

Could villain bluff his pp here? I think mostly he has a slowplayed set, but I don't understand the timing. If I barreled with an A am surely calling the river. But I don't think villain is good enough to know that I mostly have in my range here big pocket pairs and then donkbet big an A on the river, turning his made hand into a bluff.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      want to fold, but can´t :D
      problem is that he is reping so small part: 33/22/66, maybe sometimes A2s and A kind of seems scary card to your pp-s, so he may turn 55 into bluff (although that is not so likely).
      I know he would not bet out most of the times his Ax hands, since he is likely afraid raise by better hands, so I think his range is polarized to some pp-s or boats.
      And since we have quite strong hand ourself I would not really looking to fold that to river bet when he can easily c/r turn for value with his trips or better
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      i think this is some kind of failed slowplay A2s or flopped set , maybe he thinks the A is a scare card for you and you will check back most of ur hands and he decided to donk this river to get some value

trips ? he seems like a regular what trips can he have here besides A2s
      bluffs ? he seems like a regular tightish etc , dont know if anyone would float total air 2 streets multiway against another regular just to donk the river scare card as bluff who does that ?
      mid pokets ?i haven't seen any regular at nl25 turn their hand into bluffs and their are scared of the A aswell because Hero was PFR and they know they get to showdown when u checkback almost all SD val hands they beat

easy fold , keep on playing solid poker and stop the bull shit