[NL20-NL50] NL25 KK, A river vs instant donkbet

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Villain 17/12 AF=2, 128 hands

I bet flop and I'm willing to get it in against any of the two players. The turn I bet for value (in case villain has a PP with a gutshot or another overpair).

The river was surprising, timing-wise... villain almost instant donkbet.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($25)
      BB ($28.34)
      UTG ($28.81)
      Hero ($42.13)
      CO ($10.19)
      BTN ($33.79)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, fold, SB calls $0.65, fold

FLOP ($2.50) 3:diamond: 2:spade: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO folds, SB calls $1.75

TURN ($6) 3:diamond: 2:spade: 2:club: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.25, SB calls $4.25

RIVER ($14.50) 3:diamond: 2:spade: 2:club: 6:club: A:heart:

SB bets $10.34

Could villain bluff his pp here? I think mostly he has a slowplayed set, but I don't understand the timing. If I barreled with an A am surely calling the river. But I don't think villain is good enough to know that I mostly have in my range here big pocket pairs and then donkbet big an A on the river, turning his made hand into a bluff.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      want to fold, but can´t :D
      problem is that he is reping so small part: 33/22/66, maybe sometimes A2s and A kind of seems scary card to your pp-s, so he may turn 55 into bluff (although that is not so likely).
      I know he would not bet out most of the times his Ax hands, since he is likely afraid raise by better hands, so I think his range is polarized to some pp-s or boats.
      And since we have quite strong hand ourself I would not really looking to fold that to river bet when he can easily c/r turn for value with his trips or better
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      i think this is some kind of failed slowplay A2s or flopped set , maybe he thinks the A is a scare card for you and you will check back most of ur hands and he decided to donk this river to get some value

trips ? he seems like a regular what trips can he have here besides A2s
      bluffs ? he seems like a regular tightish etc , dont know if anyone would float total air 2 streets multiway against another regular just to donk the river scare card as bluff who does that ?
      mid pokets ?i haven't seen any regular at nl25 turn their hand into bluffs and their are scared of the A aswell because Hero was PFR and they know they get to showdown when u checkback almost all SD val hands they beat

easy fold , keep on playing solid poker and stop the bull shit