qwery1

• qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      . - Do the homework:
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      - earn spare money
      - mental challenge
      - i like to play any games
      - i feel good when I beat the game

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      - luck of concetration
      - lazy to analyze, only want to play (and win of course :-)
      - focus on outcome rather than right decision

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      - choose my starting hands carefully (based on position, players and overall situation on table)
      - when I play any hand, I will play it fast, almost none limping or calling
      - this way I stuck odds to my favor
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello qwery1,

Hopefully we will see some activity and some information about yourself as well. :) Feel free to do even the 1st homework.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck!
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz :-), I was busy with content of first lesson.

Now I finished it, start study seccond.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by qwery1
      Thanks Veriz :-), I was busy with content of first lesson.

Now I finished it, start study seccond.
      Well done! Also I guess you got your answer when you can post the homeworks. :P When-ever you want. :)
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Hi,

when it will be possible for me to access second week?

Thanks
    • Huckebein
      Huckebein
      Bronze
      Hi qwery1,

lesson 2 is released http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/1994/1/, the corresponding coaching podcast will be ready in about 1h.

Enjoy :)
      Huckebein
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Thank you very much :-)
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands are to be played?)
      Blind stealing - against tight blinds from CO and BU (suited 1-gappers, offsuited connectors, Ao and Ks.

Question 2: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play. ( Post your hand in the Handevaluation forums, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=148971

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo? ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab)
      46,32%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Lack of concentration is a common leak for beginners. They just play like with music, watching TV, reading forums. But those kind of distractions really will just make you loose more money. Ain't ya there for win money? :) So act like that and force yourself always close all kind of distractions and try to stay concentrated on the tables. Everyone will find their own way how they are able to concentrate more.

Well if you only want to play then I'd ask you. How you gonna fix your leaks? :) How you gonna make loose less to WIN more? Winning is still your first thing you want to do. Then for that you also have to sacrifice some time into learning and analyzing your hands. Without it you will just continue losing.

Best of Luck in the Course. Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.