SB: $7.74
      Hero (BB): $10.64
      UTG: $6.00
      UTG+1: $22.57
      MP: $10.00
      MP+1: $6.36

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.10, fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) T:club: 8:club: 7:heart:
      Hero bets $0.65, CO calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.25, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.68, fold

what do u think about donk bet on this board? and what to do on the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

What's the reason for donking. Why not let him CBet? Or is his CBet smallish? I'd be rather inclined to let him Cbet and maybe even then Check/Raise against him and sometimes make even better hands to fold.

As played, uh kinda cruel to say. :D What was in your mind or what was your idea of donking the flop? If you went for value then should bet the turn as well. :)

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so ok donk bet is bad idea...
      the reason why I decided to donk here was that I thought:
      - I had in my mind that if he CBet I have to call but the only one chance to win this pot it to hit straight or in showdown. If I don't hit my straight on the turn I have to lay down if he bet again on turn.
      - so I donk bet here because I could win if he folds (fold equity) or if he call I have still outs to hit my straight
      - I determined amount of turn card, he could have bet larger than me.
      - if he cbet I dont have appropriate odd to call moreover if I call and hit my straight I don't think so that my opponent pays me it.
      maybe I'm wrong but because of this reason I decided to donk bet on the flop...
      I can agree that I should have fired 2nBarrel on the turn. so I fucked up it. T card was great to bet again.

let's back to your idea...
      - he cbet, we check/raise... he shoves... we easy fold...
      - he cbet, we check/raise... he calls... what to do on turn? check or continue our story and bet again?
      if we decide to check/raise how much should be our raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      - he cbet, we check/raise... he calls... what to do on turn? check or continue our story and bet again?

Most likely depends on the opponent. Against some I might even bet if I consider him Calling this way and easily giving it up on turn with an overpair. But most likely if we get called then it's the case that he also is planning to continue and rather has a made hand. I would most likely even go for a Check and reevaluate further actions.

if we decide to check/raise how much should be our raise?

Depends about his Cbet size but the average one for me would be ~$2,50 or something similar.