Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $20.16
      Hero:
      $25.25

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) A:club: , 9:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.07, SB calls $1.07.

Turn: ($4.39) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.39) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero ...?

Marginal spot! The ace on the flop concerns us, but a cbet is fairly standard - protection against any non- Ax hand.

The call is bothersome and the turn card a mixed blessing. We are now crushing Ax, but the flush gets there. This guy takes his full time before checking, which also bothered me. I decided to take the free card and see if the board might pair, thus allowing an easy stack-off.

Instead the turn is a bit of a blank - though it might have boosted villain to 2pair - and the villain donks out with a massive, massive bet.

Call or fold?
  • 3 replies
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      As played i will definitely go for FOLD on river.

But i don't definitely see myself checking on our favorite TURN. If at all if we wait for board to pair up, we won't be able to over shove RIVER and expect a call from Villain, in the end we loose too much value from 2-pair hands or top pair hands and top pair hands. You can bet turn and re-evaluate further based on his actions.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Yeah I agree. The turn check was hopelessly weak :(
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      prefer betting turn for value and would prefer calling river, since your hand looks extremely weak, so he can overbet there almost with anything expecting you to fold all of your range.
      Although 35/0 would likely not overbet there for bluff, so you can also consider folding, since pot is small.