[NL2-NL10] NL-2 flop move with AK

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I had only limited hands on the opponent (20), but in those he was 4/0.

Preflop- if he was so tight in a bigger sample, I would have only called. In this case I threated him as a tightish unknown and 3bet. After the call I put him on something like TT, JJ, QQ or AK......maybe a bit loose setmine with a lower PP.

Flop- it seemed as if he would not be comfortable to call a big cbet but didn't want to c/f either so tried to bet small to get cheaply to the turn. I tryed to make him fold a smaller overpair, 77 or something similar.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $1.19
      MP2:
      $1.88
      MP3:
      $1.86
      CO (Hero):
      $2.11
      BU:
      $0.53
      SB:
      $1.49
      BB:
      $2.06

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.28, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.59) 9, 8, 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.42, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.73.
  • 6 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      I think thats fine play. and if he come over you its eas fold. :f_cool:
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Yeah, if he 3 bets I'm definitely out :) .

Hmm......I've just realised I could make that raise a bit bigger...like 50-52c.....If I had something, that would be my bet size on this drawy board...+ his odds would be a little worse
    • l33tNinja
      l33tNinja
      Bronze
      Yes, be inclined to raise bigger as you would need to protect your overcards.
      You can then re-evaluate the turn if he calls.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Preflop: True that such a raise it the best. Since we can't even be sure that we are doing it for value. Rather Call it and play postflop while you even have the position.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely just a donk is anyways pretty weak and therefore you can even consider raising but of course pretty close. We have to invest a lot of money from ours. His Calling can even be towards to just rather strong PPs and maybe even sets which traps. And I wouldn't raise much bigger, it has anyways the same affect.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz,

I was thinking about only calling preflop, even despite the small sample on him, but not long ago I realised my 3betting preflop is completely transparent.......I nearly never 3bet....only with AA, KK and sometimes against not very tight opponents QQ and AK.

I decided to try to work on this possible leak and 3bet a bit more, at least with AK and QQ (not against rocks of course).....+ resteals against aggressive stealers with a wider range.

I don´t think is absolutely necessary to be not transparent on this limit, but I don´t want to enter the higher limits with bad fixations and transparent like a book.... :) Hope this makes sense and I´m not making a big leak from a small one.... :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Obviously you can try out. Also you don't always have to do it for value. You can as well 3bet/Fold. :) For example with a hand like AQ if you have a correct spot.