Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

RIVER ($3.65) 4:heart: 5:spade: 3:spade: 6:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.65, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.41

31/14/2.8 - Agg 31% AF 6 W$SD 55%.

PRE: STNAD
      F: Stand
      T: i think easy b/f
      R: hmm... i don't thin he calls here 88-JJ often but i don't want c/f when a lot hand miss any FD...so maybe blocig bet 2$/fold i check and he quiq bet pot...ehhh...call or not, what he rep, AK, 77, two pairs, but any FD miss here...what do you think? what do you do?
  • 3 replies
    • moneymaker19
      dunno about river but you need to bet bigger on flop/turn for protection
    • matovicmilos
      I think betting the river would be overplay, you are turning your hand into a bluff and dont get many calls with worse as you said. So check/fold would be best as you are beaten often enough.

As for his potsize bet on the river it looks like str8 or nothing i dont think he would bet pot with set but i might be wrong.. so might be even worth to bluffcatch as he didnt raise the turn.. but safest option just save yourself of the trouble and fold
    • veriz
      Hello deivid2,

I'd very likely bet the flop and turn bigger to get a better protection. But as played what hands do you think is playing like that? Set never-ever bets full-pot size there, Kx never-ever bets full pot size there. Also even a straight would rather raise you on turn to protect his hand. So most likely it's a pure bluff against which I would even consider going for Check/Call while the opponent is aggressive enough.

But of course Check/Folding is just the safest play. :)

Best regards.