This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ NL5 overplayed?

• Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      I make standard re-raise preflop. Ideally looking to take down whats already on the table.

The call makes me think A-9+ 55+

Villain checks the flop so I bet for value and to avoid being outdrawn on the turn.

The call on the flop should have told me its an overpair? When villain bet out on the turn I knew I was behind but was really hoping for a bluff.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $1.73
      UTG1:
      $6.00
      UTG2:
      $6.81
      MP1:
      $5.07
      MP2:
      $15.65
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.14
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.27) 7, 6, 9 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP1 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($3.67) 8 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $3.27, Hero calls $3.27.

River: ($10.21) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.21.
      Results follow:

MP1 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a pair of jacks(J J).

MP1 wins with a pair of aces(A A).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Phildini,

Preflop: Why do you think it's a standard 3bet? You didn't even mention how the opponent does play. We can't be sure that we even are doing the 3bet for value. :) I might even prefer just Calling and playing postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Wouldn't even bet that much on flop, ~$0,90 should be enough and as played what hands do you beat on turn? Obviously his shove doesn't make sense but can we hero-call here while we even don't know the opponent. For me it might be even rather a fold without knowing that he is capable of doing such a huge bluff.

Best regards.