Future of Poker Online

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      I hate how the government works, there are rapists,murders and there worried about innocent people playing a card game online. Would they rather us play at an underground where we can get robbed or killed.. It's happened.

My question is do you guys see eventually Pokerstars being shutdown as well? Also did both pokerstars owners get arrested I recall reading an Article that PS owner is in Isreal hiding???? What do you guys think.. How much also will that hurt if Ps is shut down
  • 12 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      wow. can you make a list how many things are ahead of poker? if there weren't anything online poker would be legal along time ago... government don't care about so unimportant thing like "online poker" because "[...]there are rapists, murders[...]" and so on. I mean seriously just WOW. there are so many things wrong in the world but people just think about them selves and don't care about anything else. If I were in the government "online poker" would be last thing on my list.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I live in England, online poker is 100% legal, as I beleive it is almost everywhere. It's only in America (the land of the free) where the government dictate their citizens do not play poker.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Actually GraemeDR, online poker is far from legal in many countries as many country laws do not take it into account the entity of online poker. It not being illegal does not necessarily mean it's legal, as proven by the fact that so many governments are pushing to get it legalized so they can take part in this multi-million dollar business.

It is true that in England (the UK?) poker winnings are 100% tax free.

All the best,

NIVEKii
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      I live in northern europe, and all poker winnings are tax free if they're won inside the European Economic Area (EEA).

But even in my country, we have a monopoly on live gambling, and that said monopoly is trying to make online poker illegal (so they get more $$$ by taking over the poker scene). That would mean internet censorship, among other things.

It's all just about corrupt politicians who only care about how much money they make, it doesn't matter if they fuck up the entire country.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Yes poker winnings in uk are tax free :D
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      don't you think you should worry more about your own problems? eg your gambling problem?...
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Poker is just illegal in the land of the oppressed, the home of the fat*.
      And also communist Boreway**, where everything is illegal so poker is no exception there.

*USA
      **Norway
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      don't you think you should worry more about your own problems? eg your gambling problem?...
      If you have a gambling problem then you probably should worry about that, but if you don't, and you just enjoy a bit poker or other responsible gaming then you should be free to do so. Making something illegal never stops people from doing it, it just makes it underground and harder to monitor. Legalise, monitor legitimately and ensure responsibility, everyone is a winner, including your economy and the players concerned.
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GraemeDR
      Originally posted by conall88
      If you have a gambling problem then you probably should worry about that, but if you don't, and you just enjoy a bit poker or other responsible gaming then you should be free to do so. Making something illegal never stops people from doing it, it just makes it underground and harder to monitor. Legalise, monitor legitimately and ensure responsibility, everyone is a winner, including your economy and the players concerned.

I never said I have a gambling problem I just said I lost lots of money and can't find a way to make money in poker
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      I never said I have a gambling problem I just said I lost lots of money and can't find a way to make money in poker
      Work on your game, read articles, watch videos, play a lot of microstakes until your beating them. Then you can make some money.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Well if you're concern about this thing there's one thing you could do.
      Don't drag people who couldn't handle themselves into poker. If a lot of people getting trouble with their lives because of poker, the government are gonna have to act about it whether they want to or not even if there's a lot more rapist in this world. Media control government. And people loosing their lives because of poker is definitely a news.
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      In many countries, earnings from online poker are not tax-free, but goverment does not really care so far so neither do players.