Balance issue with Elephant and PartyPoker

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      I've been playing poker with the $50 PokerStrategy promotion in PartyPoker for a while and I've been keeping track of all my hands using the Elephant software.

At the moment, Elephant says that my balance after 1982 hands is $-0.24, but in my account on PartyPoker I have $51.92, that is $+1.92. My account in PartyPoker is in Euro, so I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the conversion rates, but I can't find a plausible explanation. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.
  • 3 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi elertar,

have moved your question to the software elephant forum where perhaps more knowledeable people can answer your question. :)

i thought the discrepancy was $50+ which is a lot but if its only $1+ then maybe just some hands were not imported correctly. for me (i use hem), it happens occasionally (fe you got disconnected at any time during a hand).

regards,
      wendy
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey Elertar,

we do not have any kind of currency conversion implemented in PokerStrategy.com Elephant. Imported € handhistories show up as $ hands. And because there is no conversion going on, 1 Euro equals 1 Dollar.

Now, PokerStrategy.com Elephant does not recognize any sort of bonus you may currently have on PartyPoker. This could be a reason why the numbers are off.

However, there can be multiple reasons why this is happening. 1-2 handhistory files were not imported properly, 1 or more handhistory file may be incomplete, etc... It's actually pretty hard to figure out what caused the problem since there are so many possibilities.

Can you figure something out on your own?
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Thank you for your answers.

Imported € handhistories show up as $ hands. And because there is no conversion going on, 1 Euro equals 1 Dollar.

Actually the hands are played in $. What I meant is that PartyPoker converted my initial $50 to Euro and then it converts my buy-ins from € to $ every time I join a table and converts $ to € when I leave a table.

Now, PokerStrategy.com Elephant does not recognize any sort of bonus you may currently have on PartyPoker.

I don't have any bonus, just the $50 free Poker-Strategy capital.

1-2 handhistory files were not imported properly, 1 or more handhistory file may be incomplete, etc...

Could be.

Can you figure something out on your own?

I'm more inclined to think that this is a consequence of the multiple currency conversions that PartyPoker does. I mean, for instance, when I join a table with $2, actually this is about €1.50. Then I leave the table with $2.50, which is about €1.80. And finally, when I look at how much money I have in PartyPoker, that is shown to me in €, but I can click a button and it shows it in $.

Therefore, I figure there is something in that process that causes the divergence, but I don't see exactly what it may be.