This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 SH - AQ TPTK

• Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $70.36 49/34/ATS:61/3bet:13/Foldv3bet:55/4bet:6/AF:2/Cbet:57/WTSD:33/W$SD:40
      SB: $29.95 18/14/3bet:4.5/AF:1.4/WTSD:31/W$SD:61/FlopCRaiseW$SD:58
      Hero (BB): $32.68
      UTG: $70.87

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25, BTN posts ante $0.05, SB posts ante $0.05, Hero posts ante $0.05, UTG posts ante $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.55) Hero has A:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, BTN raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.45, 3 players) 8:diamond: 4:diamond: Q:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, fold, SB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.45, 2 players) 3:heart:
      SB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($24.45, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB bets $9.25, Hero calls $9.25

Looking at it now, I think 3betting pre vs maniac open raiser and folding to a 4bet would be better than calling. His 4betting range is most likely QQ+,AK based on his opening range/4bet percentage, while his continue range by calling is much wider, I would also put SB in a tough spot to continue pre.
      I did decide to donkbet to let the maniac get a chance to bluffraise me and also since his cbet% were not that high.
      As played pre I think checking, letting maniac cbet and then folding to SB check raise would be best. If maniac decides to check behind I would have to decide again what to do on the turn, just calling two streets from SB would be better.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Definitely 3-bet pf and I think AQ is also good enough hand to play for stacks, since BU would quite often 4-bet bluff to against your squeeze.
      Postflop likely not going to fold, since he would rep only 44/88 and there are enough missed draws in his range that I´d likely shove turn for value.
      You can consider folding river, since draw got there, but since he may always have JT or T9 I think calldown is also fine
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I was thinking of folding the river but his bet looked like a blockbet so I called. Then again, it was a blockbet, but one that beat me. He had 88 and was probably worried worse would not have called him if he shoved.

You mean I should get it in pre against open raiser even if he doesn't 4bet light?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      I was thinking of folding the river but his bet looked like a blockbet so I called. Then again, it was a blockbet, but one that beat me. He had 88 and was probably worried worse would not have called him if he shoved.

You mean I should get it in pre against open raiser even if he doesn't 4bet light?
      likely not. But problem is that you can never be sure against 49/34 player if he is ever 4-bet bluffing that spot or not.
      So likely I´d still go with AQ
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Problem with maniacs is that they are not all the same. They all raise a lot pre and continue their aggression postflop. However, some of them do narrow their broke range a lot and I think that can be spotted in their stats as well. Of course, if you see someone openshoving a lot it means the 3bet/4bet issue is never an issue they have to deal with :D