SB: $61.50 24/17/3bet:6.3/AF:1.6/WTSD:29/W$SD:55
      BB: $54.35
      UTG: $44.05
      MP: $55.75
      CO: $77.55
      Hero (BTN): $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 7:heart: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, SB raises to $4.50, fold, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.50, 2 players) 8:heart: T:heart: A:diamond:
      SB bets $5.50, Hero raises to $18.00, SB raises to $56.70, Hero calls $27.50 and is all-in

Turn: ($100.50, 2 players) J:heart:

River: ($100.50, 2 players) J:club:

SB shows 7:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 66%, Flop 45%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows 7:heart: 9:heart: (Straight Flush, Jack High) (Pre 34%, Flop 55%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins $97.50

It's a straight flush, results are mandatory...

Justified calling pre here?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      likely fold is a little better especially since he made it quite large.
      Would also raise smaller flop to 14$ to prepare turn shove at any card
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      ok call in position pre. ecp button vs bb.
      smaller raise on the flop..but yea...wp
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      First straight flush on nl50, had to be posted :D

Anyway, what is the reasoning for raising smaller this flop?
      I want to rep that I am protecting against the draws and I would probably use a similar raise size with a set or two pair here. Of course, I'd love to get it in but I don't want to make my play different with a strong draw than it would be with a set.

Of course, I had no fold equity against this guy who chose to go broke with top pair no kicker. Wouldn't have thought that from his stats but that just shows you people don't always play according to their stats. He might have been on tilt.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      First straight flush on nl50, had to be posted :D

Anyway, what is the reasoning for raising smaller this flop?
      I want to rep that I am protecting against the draws and I would probably use a similar raise size with a set or two pair here. Of course, I'd love to get it in but I don't want to make my play different with a strong draw than it would be with a set.

Of course, I had no fold equity against this guy who chose to go broke with top pair no kicker. Wouldn't have thought that from his stats but that just shows you people don't always play according to their stats. He might have been on tilt.
      Just thought you would raise smaller with sets and two pairs and then make 3.5x with draws.
      If you´re also pom there with value hands I´m fine, but prefer also raising smaller with these hands to give impression I´m folding if he shoves.
      Btw didn´t notice you hit your straight flush- congrats for that- next one I guess royal :P