Promising morning

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Woke up 4.30 am and felt rested. Have nothing scheduled for today, so I have much time for studying. Currently Im playing at WH to keep gold status. Yesterday's play was decent for my skill level. Lost 30 BB's on one table quickly at the start. Nothing held up and the opponents noticed that too and could play successfully with otherwise beaten hands. My best move that session was to leave. Got in the zone on another table and made 30 BB's there. Played 3-4 tables. Totally I lost a little; 12 BB's, but broke just above even with a bonus.

Played under bad conditions: can't afford to lose because I need to make some withdrawals which leads me to watch my stack all the time. Bad! And, I was forced to play at the site for the sp's. Almost cleared the gold req's now anyway. Still Im in a non optimal spot because of the withdrawals. They're for a gym card and tobacco and are very prioritized :f_grin:

Plans for today:
      Play
      Lessons
      Hand reviews
      Running
      House Maintenance and hopefully some video tonight if all has gone well.
  • 12 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey ZeroDegrees,

Wish you best of luck with your plans for today :)

Ingrid
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Thx Ingrid!
      Started gr8 at 5 FR, 1 SH (Pokerstars) but lost concentration and got sloppy, down 25 BB's. Followed this up by tilting badly due to running really bad at WH, -75 bb's. Furiously refused the running and thinking it all sucked:) . Watch some funny videos here and got rid of the bad mode. Learned a lot from a strategy video by Water boat. Have marked him as "Dangerous" in my notes, so I'm prepared. The video can be found under 'fun and off-topic': post 'funny videos'. Must have been posted in the wrong section. There u can find a video about rly hungry dog too:) 'ultimate dog teaser'.

Read some old lessons, taking them in turn from the top. Did a little running. Not the same attention now, but a 60+ woman said hello as I passed her at mach 2 :f_biggrin: . Watched Lion King 2 and took a nap. Won at stars and wh tonight and broke around even totally. First real coaching now, -TerrorBlade! Night and cya!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      Woke up 4.30 am and felt rested. Have nothing scheduled for today,
      What!!!!! you have nothing scheduled and you woke at 4.30 am!!!! If I have nothing scheduled I wake around midday!! :)

Good luck with your poker will be following your blog :)

Roo
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Living da life roo :f_biggrin:
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Ran rly bad this morning, 80 bb's back. Didnt play that bad at start, but tilted later. Watched water boat's video to get lost of steam, Funny Videos Love that movie. Played some more at a water world poker site and got sucked out. But then I remembered water boat! I was prepared and warmed up now, so I just got in there. I got in there and we took it down :s_grin: . Some examples of water world poker:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $35,89
      BB:
      $21,46
      MP2:
      $7,24
      Hero:
      $12,47
      CO:
      $7,39
      BU:
      $22,86

0,25/0,5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6,40 SB) K:diamond: , Q:club: , T:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4,20 BB) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

River: (6,20 BB) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6,20 BB

Can anyone guess what villain is playing on?

Results follow (highlight to see): Hero shows (Qs Qd) BB shows en stege kung hög (9c 7d) BB wins with en stege kung hög (9c 7d)

Since I have many gears, I shifted to upper ladder and started getting in to their minds :s_confused:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6,59
      BB:
      $17,62
      MP2:
      $36,49
      MP3:
      $28,53
      CO:
      $10,24
      Hero:
      $6,14

0,25/0,5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , 6:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4,40 SB) A:diamond: , J:club: , 3:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets, CO raises, Hero calls, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5,20 BB) 9:club: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (8,20 BB) 8:club: (3 players)
      MP3 bets, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10,20 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Kh 3d)
      Hero shows en färg knekt hög (Tc 6c)

Hero wins with en färg knekt hög (Tc 6c)

Got my gym card yesterday and did some lifting. Now I'm hoping for some tobacco, can only afford 1 package. Will need some more food later too. But it's OK, can borrow from a friend probably.

On a more serious note I really need some help: It seems as I need 75% win probability in all hands just to break even. Has been this way many times. Have serious trouble handling this. I solved it well today by seeing it like water boat poker and that worked. I don't suck for my limit, I win. But can it never be a little more easy? Any feedback on this is welcome thankfully.

Night
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      lol I can not figure this first hand at all, what was he calling with?

it must be king-rag?

3rd guess hence the edits!!
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi roo and all!
      It's much, much more subtle roo :f_biggrin: .

As often b4, I lost first, recovered some. And then won some, so totally it was good. Played many tables. Ran really gr8 at one point when I hit everything miss Variana owned me since this week. Still want her to pay me back some more :s_mad: . Harry (my PC) has some serious memory problems despite his young age and went totally confused when I opened a 6th table. Had some rockets and goodies that I couldnt play. Well, not entirely true, after desperately clicking on 'bet those Aces' for an hour (felt that way), he finally had a moment of clear sight and betted.

As for my weight training which I started on Wednesday, I decided to get a rest and do it torrow. But I took a 1 hour walk. It's getting much more nicer outside now. Most of the insane tropical heat waves have passed.

BUT WHAT THE HECK HAS GOTTEN TO U MAN??? Well, I have benefitted greatly from thinking about water boat. But all the insane callings, raisings and hitting the river takes its toll. So now I've started to pass over into water boat's world sometimes, commenting the action in my solitude :s_biggrin: . Have to keep this under control.

Gonna get to bed now and read some. Have started reading Katherine Kerr's books about Deverry. I'm really enjoying them. Have soon finished the 8th. Oh, btw, it's a fantasy series. I can also add that I'm a Trekker (Star Trek fan) up to the point I cant watch any right now. Just watched 300 episodes or so and started to get brain watched.

Night
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      He played you with A9 and was hoping to see you raise on the river? :)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Worse, answer under spoiler.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      lol "Lost 30 BB's on one table quickly at the start."

BB's? Man.... if you bother with such things, what should people with -10BI's/session say? :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      Worse, answer under spoiler.
      haha !! I would never have guessed this hand!, although I felt I was getting close with the a9!!
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      -lol "Lost 30 BB's on one table quickly at the start."

BB's? Man.... if you bother with such things, what should people with -10BI's/session say? grin

Who said I was bothered? Btw, I play FL. What I've learned is that sometimes ur just doomed at a table or vice versa. Those times u cant win/lose.