This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQ suited nl2

• boomer011
      boomer011
      Bronze
      I have 2 questions about this hand, 1 should I be semibluffing this turn after picking up the club draw, and given the passive play on the flop; and 2 should I be folding to the overbet on the river; I called figuring some bluff missed flushdraw in his range, but now im thinking call might be the wrong play; thoughts?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP2:
      $3.47
      BU:
      $5.68

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K:club: , Q:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.09, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.09, 2 folds, BU calls $0.09, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.32) 6:heart: , 5:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.32) 6:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15, BU calls $0.15.

River: ($0.77) K:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.77, BU folds, Hero calls $0.77.

Final Pot: $2.31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kc Qc)
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, sixes (Js 6d)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, sixes (Js 6d)
  • 2 replies
    • moneymaker19
      moneymaker19
      Bronze
      If you look at the agg-faktor I don't see this player make this move as a bluff but it's only a small sampel. This is much up to each player your facing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello boomer011,

Turn: It's not purely off to bet the turn while you might anyways plan to Check/Call it with your FD. Rather gain some fold equity than go for a Check/Call. Although I'd bet a bit bigger ~$0,20.

As played
      River: Why do you Check it? Rather Bet/Fold yourself. He is most likely going to Check behind very weak hands. As he bets this we it's rather a fold, I don't really see many hands what we beat.

Best regards.