give plo coaching for english lessons

• marcpreu
      marcpreu
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm from germany and move to england with my girlfriend at the beginning of november.
      She needs to work in england, so she has to improve her english skills.
      I need someone, who can teach her i.e. in grammar, specific vocabulary and just talk to her in english via skype.
      In return, i can teach you in plo. I play mainly plo since two years. My main limit is 5/10. I think i can teach up to 1/2 without difficulty.
      If you are interested, feel free to send me a message or write in this thread.

marcpreu

p.s. her english is even a bit worse than mine.
  • 7 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Where in England are you moving to? (Don't say London!) :f_biggrin:
    • marcpreu
      marcpreu
      Bronze
      No, london is a beautiful city, but too big to live there.
      I would like to move to manchester, because i've heard a lot of good things about the city. But it depends on my girlfriend and where she has the best chance to get a job.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      I live near Manchester, so good luck. :f_biggrin:
    • alkuluku
      alkuluku
      Bronze
      I'm interested. I'll ask if my gf would do the English teaching part though.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hi Marcpreu,

I'm also interested to provide some English lessons.

I already help one poker player with English, but he's a Russian. We've been doing sessions for almost a year now and meet twice or three times a month via skype.

I'd say I'm pretty well educated. I did take a bit of Linguistics during my University career, and English is my first and only language.

That said, I am Canadian so I wonder if it may be more appropriate for her to learn from someone within the UK. This would make a lot of sense to me.

Still, I'm happy to help and I'm really curious about PLO. I'm actually a FLHE player, so we'd be starting with some really basic/fundamental stuff.

If you want, add me on skype. My alias there is also datsmahname.
    • marcpreu
      marcpreu
      Bronze
      @alkuluku: I've sent you an invitation at the community-tool.
      Please send me a message, if you are still interested.

@datsmahname: Someone from the UK would be more appropriate, because we want to live in the UK. But if I can't find anyone from the UK, I will contact you.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      best of luck on your search.