[NL2-NL10] nl25 fr mss

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello coach

please put my mind at rest over this hand, I know I should not have cold called preflop but what about the rest of it? :)

Roo

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.75)
      BB ($24.50)
      UTG ($51.27)
      UTG+1 ($35.02)
      UTG+2 ($28.99)
      MP1 ($6.61)
      MP2 ($15.11)
      CO ($31.45)
      Hero ($11.50)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($3.10) K:spade: J:club: 9:spade:

BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.95, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls $2.95

TURN ($9) K:spade: J:club: 9:spade: J:heart:

MP1 checks, Hero bets $7.80 (AI), MP1 calls $2.91 (AI)

RIVER ($14.82) K:spade: J:club: 9:spade: J:heart: 4:club:
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey!

Why did you called anyway ? What went through your head when thinking about calling AK preflop?

On the Flop, I would take a stab as well. the PFA calls you so his range is a bit capped since he would bet strong hands himself.

The J gives him trips in case he flats with Jx and a straightdraw/gutshot but he has $2.91 left so you can't do anything besides shoving and sometimes see a random flushdraw :P

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey!

Why did you called anyway ? What went through your head when thinking about calling AK preflop?

On the Flop, I would take a stab as well. the PFA calls you so his range is a bit capped since he would bet strong hands himself.

The J gives him trips in case he flats with Jx and a straightdraw/gutshot but he has $2.91 left so you can't do anything besides shoving and sometimes see a random flushdraw :P

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Thanks Gerv,
      I called because the the 1st raise came from early position, so I thought it must be a fairly strong hand and with a second caller i thought if I do hit on the flop, it could be profitable to with implied odds.

Really great read of this hand Gerv! villian had q4h and was playing for gutshot!!

roo