kinkink220

• kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      Hey there, my name is Simeon and have been playing poker for the last 3 years. I'm 20 yo from Bulgaria.

My first online cash games started thanks to the PS starting bankroll. Got through 2nl & 5nl on Fulltilt and am currently playing NL10 @ Merge network with 600 roll.

During those years I have concentrated on learning like 80% of my time devoted on poker related things, much more than playing, which is the main reason for me climbing the limits that slow.

Looking forward to put bigger volume in the game, hopefully this course may make me feel more comfortable playing.
  • 7 replies
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

The psychology of the game is one of the main things that keeps the game so attractive to me. I love studying the thought process of my opponents, I like to investigate the patterns of behaviour of players. Game theory is something else that also attracts me. I also like to analyze and improve my game constantly, I find it challenging and interesting, helping me out in other aspects of life.

I will have to focus on devoting more time into the game, cos I may need the game as a main source of income for me in the next months.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

What I seriously wack is discipline. My biggest problem is that I find it psychologically difficult to put out a big volume of hands per month. I may need to play like 60k hands/month on my current limit to meet my rakeback requirements (my rb deal is 55%), which is an ammount of hands that may be a too much for me 6tabling. Although I have never considered myself a losing player, it is difficult for me to get out of my comfort zone and just go play. I'm frankly scared of variance.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

The TAG uses a good narrow range of hands, combined with positional advantage & well timed aggression to have a constant edge against opponents. Aggression gives initiative & optimizes value from from opponents' ranges that the TAG dominates. Good preflop positional play result constant profit from steals, resteals and isolation. The TAG also uses good aggressive cbetting and double barreling when exploiting dry boards, maintaining constant initiative to force opponents to get improper odds on draws on other boards, knows when to protect or block opponents. Constant positional advantage results more +ev 3bet spots & good float spots for example and these are few of the concepts that the TAG uses.
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      Posted two hands in the Hand Evaluations forum, looking forward to post few more in the next few days.

Nl10 Kk Sh

Nl10 Sh TT - flop set
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK #2:

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why?

If I make a change in the starting hands chart I will definitely do it in some late positions in terms of isolation and blind stealing. Of course how much I open (or in some cases narrow) my range depends on the players @ the blinds, if they are looser or tighter in these positions; if they are willing to defend more or are familliar with the concept of stealing & positional play I'd be more careful.

I would also avoid calling in unraised pot, even from small blind against big blind.

In terms of isolation, when the game has more loose-passive players, I'd avoid raising with suited connectors; 1 or 2 gappers and add more Kx Qx Jx hands in my range instead, with the idea to have some equity AF and aim at some small pots.

Question 2: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play.

NL10 78s from BB vs SB

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo?

The equity of the offsuited AK is 46.324%
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      BTW why isn't any coach replying in my tread at all? :/
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Don't worry about if you not getting any reply. I will come to the homework anyways. :) Don't even how it happened that I skipped yours. I am really sorry! Although I am pretty sure that I would have found it today, since I am going through all the threads which aren't answered yet. :) Sometimes it might take a bit more time.

It seems that you are already familiar with poker and have been doing very good. :)

Most likely if you lack of discipline then you also tilt a lot? Do you have a system against tilt? For example:
      Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

About the 60k hands per month to keep the rakeback or whatsoever get the rakeback I wouldn't really advice to play there. :( It will just destroy your BR at some spot if you just keep playing while you might even be tilty or not in the mood to play. Also for beginners ain't that easy to play 60k hands per month.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Although I'd say that you can still isolate even with SCs. SCs are perfectly well played hands and even better than Ax suited ones. But totally true that rather isolate with broadways than some 1-suited gappers or whatsoever hands.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.