This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AK BTN vs. BB

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      he's 28/20 3b=4 wts=28 af=1.4 over 504 hands.

Would you ever consider folding AK IP vs a V. that 3bets 4% of his hands? We fare around 45% vs that range (if it's pure value obv), but perhaps having position can give us the lead...?

Thanks
      Matt

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.14)
      BB ($15.84)
      UTG ($5.21)
      CO ($5.27)
      Hero ($8.54)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.22, fold, BB raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.58

FLOP ($1.67) 7:heart: 2:spade: 6:heart:

BB bets $1.10, Hero folds

BB wins $1.56
  • 5 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      ofc its a -ev if you fold in pos there....sometimes even 4bet...sometimes float in position...you have A of hearts and two overs...i think i call the flop there for sure
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      well yeah I've got two overs and a bdfd, but he's likely to be 3betting solely his value range. How do my outs look against top 4-5% of holdings?

that aside, I do agree I may be folding to too many cbets in these BTNvsblinds spots. But better do that, than find yourself in marginal spots where you have no idea what to do.
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      I think when you raise from MP his 3bet range is even stronger and i tend to fold it pf because at best you have a coinflip, and if you call and call this flop you will get yourself in tricky situation because his only hand that is not continuing is AK without a draw if you dont hit A or K so agree with the fold saves you some trouble.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      yeah, I agree.

I didn't realize this was an MP vs BB spot not a BTN vs BB spot. As you said it makes it a bit easier.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Fold the hand right preflop. :) You ain't gonna play the hand profitable by calling like this. 4% ain't that much, most likely only strong made hands.

Best regards.