Some Improvements in Video

• satrapis1
      satrapis1
      Bronze
      Hello/
      Im from greece,and as you understand my English is at a moderate level.
      I would like to propose,to your videos(Its in the Best in internet i think)To try to put subtitles, I know it seems "Stupid" but I think it will help many children encounter problem with their English. Which is very easy to read and hear them at the same time, I will be comprehensible what,I think...

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey satrapis1,

Move your thread to more appropriate area of the board.
      Reply will be soon :)

Regards,

Kyle.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Satrapis,

Thanks for your suggestion and sorry that the thread got lost somehow without reply

Generally speaking, the cost of adding subtitles to videos would far outweigh the benefits, in my opinion. I think you would easily increase the cost of a video by 25-30% (guesstimate) and adding subtitles would therefore mean the overall quality and quantity of our video offering would be substantially reduced.

Indeed, we've made the experience in some communities that subtitles don't significantly increase views or add to the viewing experience. What I'm saying is that I don't think the usecase if large enough here.

Of course, the great thing about a video is that you can pause, rewind and replay those parts you didn't understand the first time round.

Best,

Marc