This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo CO SH cbet?

• Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $13.14
      BB:
      $11.90
      MP2:
      $10.84
      MP3:
      $4.63
      CO (Hero):
      $10.74
      BU:
      $12.15

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) 4, 5, 3 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.55) 6 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.82, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.55.

I am not sure what I should have done here. I think I played it right up to the flop, but after he checked the flop should I have made a cbet? Unfortunately I had a low sample of hands for him, so I had practically no stats on him.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tunatic,

Don't think that there is much of idea to CBet there. His range is towards very strong hand and we at the best make fold a hand which we kinda split like AK. Or do you expect him to Call your 3bet with AQ?

Also is the 3bet for value?

Best regards.
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Yes, the 3bet was supposed to be for value. Seeing he had 36 vpip, I could not put him on a very strong hand, and maybe just take away his raise.

Do you think I should have just called his raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tunatic
      Yes, the 3bet was supposed to be for value. Seeing he had 36 vpip, I could not put him on a very strong hand, and maybe just take away his raise.

Do you think I should have just called his raise?
      VPIP doesn't tell much. If he has VPIP of 36 and PFR of 1. You still go for value?