BB: $5.72
      UTG: $12.40
      MP: $2.06
      CO: $11.54
      Hero (BTN): $11.62
      SB: $11.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.05, fold, fold, UTG raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.45

Flop: ($5.15, 2 players) K:spade: 7:spade: Q:spade:
      UTG bets $9.90 and is all-in, Hero calls $9.12 and is all-in

Turn: ($23.39, 2 players) 3:heart:

River: ($23.39, 2 players) T:diamond:

UTG shows K:heart: K:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Kings)
      Hero shows K:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Kings)
      UTG wins $21.83

hello... first off.. I would have liked to post this hand with stats of the players.. but I don't know how to do it with PT3.

anyway..

I would like to know if I made the right decision in calling the shove on the flop with top pair and nut flush draw..

I'm thinking the mistake I made was more of flat calling the 4-bet PF..
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gnawhalak,

The only way you can post the hand with stats is that you have to write it yourself. :( Only Elephant is able to post stats as well.

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting against UTG? Was it for value or rather bluff? As you went for value then you should rather just ship it preflop than Call it.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much to add, I don't think that I'd get it away here with TP+nutFD. But should take a look at preflop play. :)

Best regards.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      i called the 4-bet because I was thinking I would reevaluate when I get to see the flop since I have position over him..

as I was a bit certain he would call when I ship it PF..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by gnawhalak
      i called the 4-bet because I was thinking I would reevaluate when I get to see the flop since I have position over him..

as I was a bit certain he would call when I ship it PF..
      Reevaluate what? :) You wont hit often enough your K or A and even if you do you might sometimes even still be behind, that's the problem. Also you wont be able to overplay him postflop while the pot will be too big.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      thanks coach..

so i think it should've been a fold or a push on the 4bet depending on my read to my opponent..

with that said.. i think i should've folded PF.. guess that's a leak then.. :)