Jen's 21st Holiday

• 18 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      wow, definitely subscribing.

really, really, really wish you the best of luck.

Where is the holiday going to be?
      What games are you going to be playing?
      What site are you going to be playing at?
      Whens the holiday?
      How did you meet your gf?
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      yes! indeed, more details pls!

looks like this could defo be a blog to follow.

[x] subscribed
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NathanDavidLee
      My aim to turn $50 into $2000 to take my girlfriend on a better holiday than I can currently afford.

Grind time.
      gl with that man! hope you turn 50 to 2k. and then 2k to 80k and take your whole family:)
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Where is the holiday going to be?
      -Going to take her to the musical festival Benacasiam(Spelt wrong:P ) but it's recommended due to the heat in Spain that staying in a tent isn't wise, so aiming to get us in a hotel for the weekend and then spend a few days on the beach afterwards. So flights, tickets and accomodation all need to be accounted for.

What games are you going to be playing?
      -I'm going to be playing cash and MTT. Grinding the smallest cash games at the moment and also playing the odd MTT (I'm pretty decent at them)

What site are you going to be playing at?
      -I'll be playing at party poker to start with, and then when I've built my Bank Roll to $200, I'll be splitting it with Poker Stars

Whens the holiday?
      -The holiday will be next July (I'll get the exact details by the weekend) but here birthday is 3rd June so I would like to have it booked by ideally April 3rd (2 month buffer)

How did you meet your gf
      -Met her on a works night out, she wasn't on my team but we hit it off even though she had a boyfriend...I didn't get involved because I'm respectful but then when he was a prick she came straight to me (rebound as she was mine with my 2 year ex) and we just stuck together.
      I'm a training actor in London and she lives in Middlesbrough so it's long distance for 2/3 of the year...but next August we're both moving in together down London.

That gives me 7 months to graft. Time to be strict with my self and get some results

"A man with a why can bear almost any how" Nieztche ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck Nathan :) you're definitely getting everyone to follow your blog with such goals and motivation! We wish you best of luck at the tables!

Ingrid
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      gl

lol i don't think i could think of anything worse than staying in a tent at a festival in a hot country so ship enough $ you can afford 5 star imo :f_biggrin:
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Thank you for all of your good wishes...first day went awful and i've had the worst down run in my history of poker. Wasn't hitting anything and getting hit by 4 suit runners, not complaining though because I know that's poker.

$25.99

$10 (I tilted through frustration)

Rules for tommorow

-Frequent breaks
      -Control my temper
      -Any profit is a good profit
      -Stick to the strat

Try again tommorow with my head more settled. Played about 6 hours grind.
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Decided to play tournaments mainly today and did very well!

Don't know how well you can see it but it's a $3 MTT...over 150 people and got down to the last three and dealt for $81

I played quite a few MTT's so only had $11 left of my bank roll...BUT now I'm at

$92.50

Gives me a fresh start after that horror of a day yesterday. Kept disciplined today, came out with a big proft

$25.99 ---> $92.50 = $66.51

-I took frequent breaks
      -Controlled my temper :P
      -Made a profit
      -Stuck to my strat

Goals for tommorow
      - Bridge the $100 mark
      -BTS (break/temper/strat)
      -Research festival tickets
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      weeeeee :D well done! keep it up!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      easy game sir ;)

Holiday in the bag in no time :f_p:
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Tonight has been great but also frustrating!

I've increased my bankroll from $92.50 to $97.58...but I was at $107 at one point. I stopped and decided to enter into 3 MTTs and see if I could grind a result out across the rest of the nigt...I entered two $3 buy ins and a $1 rebuy (3 rebuys) which has taken me to the $97.58 but then my computer decided to go daft and my internet has been seriously laggy.

I couldn't get online for 30 minutes which put me in bad positions, and partypoker couldnt keep up with my still low connection so couldnt support the 3 MTTs. ANNOYING.

Still on the $1 rebuy though ($1500 guarenteed) so I'll let you know how that goes :)

Still...I cracked my $100 bank roll marker, so now just need to keep above it!

Started researching into the holiday a bit more but realised it's going to take a lot more digging to find the best deals and infomation...I'll get some pictures and prices ASAP so my goal seems tangabile and I have an exact amount to grind for.

Still...A profit for today and it's not over yet!

The secret of getting ahead is getting started...and I have started well!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      since you're planning to come to Spain, why not head down to Gibraltar and say hello? ;)
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Is that where Poker Strategy is based?

Depends how much i win :P
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Slaved and grinded all night! It's 5:57am...but it was worth it, I'm now at $100.80!

:D :D :D :D :D

She's sleeping next to me whilst I play too, easy inspiration.
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      What a session

Was grinding some $6 Six seaters, came second in a 90+ $1 buy in and cashed in a $2 rebuy tournament and this is the result!

$100.80 > $200.34 = A PROFIT OF $99.54

really pleased with this :D :D :D :D

Going to keep a cool head though because it's all been up up up, I should expect a down swing at some point....so I'm waiting for it. But apart from that I'm extatic :D

Bring on tommorow!

Targets:
      -Settle myself within the $200 bank roll mark
      -Start planning and looking through pokerstars tournaments (When I hit $300 I'm going to transfer $150 to PS because their MTTs have better value.)
      -Read poker magazine I bought today

Bring on $300!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by NathanDavidLee
      Is that where Poker Strategy is based?

Depends how much i win :P
      it most certainly is.

good to see you're another $100 closer to your target!

gogogogogogogogo!

oh yeah, why not check out AaronLambert's videos for MTTs? Muchos useful for the small stakes as well!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      defo start to consider better BRM, $200->$2k is super easy at even 10NL if ur good enough, i mean u have a fair few months to make $1800, don't rush and decrease ur risk of ruin man :)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Following. GL sir!