$6.79
      MP3 (Hero):
      $9.90
      CO:
      $15.97
      BU:
      $12.91

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) Q, 7, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.00

What would you do after his raise with a flop like this? I had no stats on him (just 2 hands). Was not sure whether I should call or fold here. It could easily be a bluff, but then again, he could have hit a Q as well. Don't know whether that c/r was either a bluff or was he checking for me to bet to get value.
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think the problem lies with your bet sizing

you're basically saying something like "i didn't hit but i'm cbetting anyway" or "the Q scares me" as you'd most likely usually bet bigger on such a board.
      as played it's actually a tough decision but i don't really like to continue, however i'd rather make it a 0.6+ bet and fold to c/r while i don't know the opponent
      [edit: of course should be fine too to go broke if you want a read, besides Q he may have worse pp/flushdraw, but it's quite variance spot vs unknown]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tunatic,

Why do you bet that smallish? That kind of bet size may easily even induce him to raise you. :) Rather make it ~$0,60.

But as played I'd still Call and keep even weaker pairs/PPs in the hand and maybe even bluffs/semi-bluffs.

Best regards.