[NL2-NL10] Betting again

• flowinel
      flowinel
      Bronze
      How much should I bet in this case? Should I calculate his outs and odds on a flush or JJ? Sorry if this seems noobish to ask.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8,55
      UTG1:
      $5,2

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0,05, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,45) J:club: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,32, UTG1 calls $0,32.

Turn: ($1,09) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,78, UTG1 calls $0,78.

River: ($2,65) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,89, UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,65
  • 2 replies
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      Nicely played with 3 barrel there. If you barrel that turn you have to be ready to barrel river aswell because you get called by a lot of mid pairs and flush draws which will fold the river unimproved so nothing to add well played.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello flowinel,

Preflop: While there is one limper and being OOP, I'd do it $0,30.
      Postflop: The problem with betting the turn is that you ain't gonna make to fold a lot of hands. Also vs stations don't try to bluff! myself I would most likely just Check/Fold the turn and let it be. If you bet the turn then there is no other way you gonna win the hand, although he could easily just be on FD which you beat anyways even with A high.

But overall it seems that you don't even pick the opponents against you doing 3barrels, in long run you gonna loose a lot money if you pick such opponents who are station-like.

Best regards.