Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.24
      MP2:
      $4.06

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.44) A:club: , Q:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP2 calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.00) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.63, MP2 calls $0.63.

River: ($2.26) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $3.26

i played this hand terribly! i'm just not sure what i should have done. i know my bet sizing was off so i need help with that (i've not long moved up to 4nl and i'm still getting used to the pot sizes). i also know he isn't calling me with worse hands here and it was bad of me to keep firing.. his play definitely suggested a draw and there were no FDs so it must have been a straight draw. the only thing i can think of is that he put me on a straight...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Most likely I would have bet bigger on flop & turn. But as played the river it's still rather a Block-bet/Fold while he may even have weaker Ax hands or even weaker pairs. Just going for Check would be trouble for us if he decides to bet it big and then we of course gonna try to Call down which we actually shouldn't.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      alright. but should i have really even been in the hand from the turn? he called on the flop so he had a little piece of that pie... im just thinking ideally i wanted a fold on the flop and since i didnt get that should i have shut down on the turn instead of invest more money in the hand? what would you have done?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      alright. but should i have really even been in the hand from the turn? he called on the flop so he had a little piece of that pie... im just thinking ideally i wanted a fold on the flop and since i didnt get that should i have shut down on the turn instead of invest more money in the hand? what would you have done?
      Against rather station-like player I'd still bet the turn for free showdown, don't want to turn my hand into bluff-catcher.