Low stack players on ftp

• ronriot
      ronriot
      Bronze
      Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous amount of people who sit at cash games on ftp with the lowest amount and just attempt to double up and run its crazy. i.e. ($5 on a 0.10 & 0.25 table) I know it happens a lot but ive noticed it happens on ftp more than any other site ive literally every table ive sat on someone with $5 gets to 8,9, or 10 then goes i mean come on fair enough if you win 20 or 30 but a measly amount just makes me want to throttle these people lol.
      The annoying thing is u cant get away from it as whatever table u sit at eventually they come, sit, steal and go.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • 11 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      If you want to see a flood of those guys, play Titan. No table has less than 4 or 5 of them. I suppose we have to live with it ;)
    • tileng1
      tileng1
      Bronze
      Well this are so called SSS players. The main reason SSS players are being over populated is this site but hey I play SSS to, its profitable, what can we do about it.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tileng1
      Well this are so called SSS players. The main reason SSS players are being over populated is this site but hey I play SSS to, its profitable, what can we do about it.
      Actually, the amount of SSS players I find that are actually playing PS's version are relatively low. I see so many people limping from EP or open rasing all in. They have the right idea, just not the right method. Over valuing face cards is pretty common too, I think generally people have a hard time folding hands like AJ and QK in early position. This is good and makes us profit :)
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      Yes titan does have alot of short stacks but very very few of them actually play SSS which makes things a little more profitable, especially when playing SSS. the NL10 is by far the worst.
    • IveysHome
      IveysHome
      Bronze
      Its called SSS, the main no limit strategy that this site promotes :rolleyes: . It is also the strategy that you should be using being a beginner especially if your playing at 0.10/0.25 tables as theres no way you can be playing BSS at this level and still be bronze level. I would read the Brm articels again if i was you, and if you were silver you would have been able to read an article on how to play against these players which shows its actually easier to play these players as you have a much better idea of their hand ranges.
    • ronriot
      ronriot
      Bronze
      only signed up to this site a few days ago and alreay doubled up from 50 to over 100 not through playing cash but through a low limit tourney and sng therefore i am not quite on silver yet but will be very shortly.
    • IveysHome
      IveysHome
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronriot
      only signed up to this site a few days ago and alreay doubled up from 50 to over 100 not through playing cash but through a low limit tourney and sng therefore i am not quite on silver yet but will be very shortly.
      If you only have $100 you shouldnt be going near $0.10/0.25 table then. Especially if your buying in for more than the minium of $5. You need to be playing SSS on NL10 and stick strictly to the brm articles. You wernt given $50 by PS to just gamble it away and then complain about people who are actually using some real knowledge and strategy.
    • Wildknight
      Wildknight
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IveysHome
      Originally posted by ronriot
      If you only have $100 you shouldnt be going near $0.10/0.25 table then. Especially if your buying in for more than the minium of $5. You need to be playing SSS on NL10 and stick strictly to the brm articles. You wernt given $50 by PS to just gamble it away and then complain about people who are actually using some real knowledge and strategy.
      loved the comment.... true.

and imo you should decide in what verse of the game you want to put your efforts in... if you're playing SnG's for br building that's a good choice but it think you should concentrate on this goal and when you build up your br move to cash if that's what you wanna do eventually... you can also build a br through cash games but imo doing both isn't the best option since putting your efforts in one verse will give you the experience and build your skill in that verse, and playing both will often confuse you and will make holes in your game...

btw, doubling up in a few days is quite remarkable.. i'm playing for about a month and managed to make about 500% profit, but i must say the first few days were very tough and if it weren't for the brm and warnings about tilting that i've got from ps i would prolly donk my starting capital like so many other players... anyway... as coachers and mods always say here "Stick to the strategy, brm, post hands, read articles etc. etc. ........" :D
    • ragoch
      ragoch
      Bronze
      :spade:

well first of all they are not stealing anything, do you want them to give you their money? no, instead of complaining why don't you try to outplay them. everybody has a right to play the way they want even maniacs

good luck
    • ronriot
      ronriot
      Bronze
      Fair comments all of you. I played 0.5/0.10 when starting with the $50 then once i got close to $100 i moved up to 0.10/0.25 which i play ridiculously tight in and it seems to be working. It also helps clear the bonus quicker have cleared $15 so far in 2 1/2 days. I know i should play the lower limit tables really but find it more comfortable at 0.10/0.25.
      I now see why so many small stacks sit down at these limits thanks for clearing that up 4 me.
    • OmiKell
      OmiKell
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IveysHome
      He was given 50$ as a promotional offer. That's his own business to gamble it, manage it like my grandma in the lowest NL, or give it to a friend as a gift.

I dont see where ronriot is complaining about SSS players.

We can't blame people for playing NL0.25 even with 20$ on hand. There are plenty of fishes and it's your own responsibility to take the right amount of risk.

I play for fun a couple of hours now and then sticking to SSS, but for the thrill, I try out some more risky challenges. Nothing bad with that.