[NL2-NL10] NL5, 6max BvB

• sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      I played this badly but I wanna know how you guys would do post flop as played.

I know I made a bad PF raise but my intention was just to steal and take it down with a cbet on a dry flop. Flop was drawy but I made a hand. His call on the flop might have meant that he is holding TJ,67,KQ,AQ,QT,Q9,QJ but I decided to bet the turn and fold to a raise. He smooth called the turn and the river might not have helped him. I bet the river and faced a shove. Now, with how this was played, I have more hands that i could beat than I could be losing to. I have 51% equity on this spot against his range and he is giving me 3.42:1 odds to call.

Should I have just check/called the turn/river?

BB's stats are 45/30/4/40 VPIP/PFR/AF/FoldBBtoSteal.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $7.56
      SB (Hero):
      $7.06
      BB:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 8.
      BU folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.4) 9, 8, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.88) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, BB calls $0.54.

River: ($1.96) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.21, BB raises to $3.02, Hero ???.

Final Pot: $8.
  • 4 replies
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Sorry, please delete this post. I mistakenly posted this in the general BSS forum.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sp00nman,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: I'd definitely bet it bigger here ~$0,30+.
      Turn: Could even bet a bit bigger here ~$0,65+.
      River: And nope I wouldn't Check/Call it. I'd still bet while there are couple of hands which may even pay you. Any weak Qx and maybe even weaker PPs. But I'd most likely Bet/Fold it without knowing the opponent. I doubt that we beat many hands here. What do you expect him to raise you?

Best regards.
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Thank you Veriz. I just started playing SH so expect me to be posting more hands everyday =)

On the flop and turn = why are we betting bigger? Don't you think only stronger hands would call? And if we bet bigger on flop and turn, why are we bet/folding the river? If we get raised on the flop/turn, do you think its fine to ship it here?

PS. playing OOP sucks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Because we want to make draws pay more. :) If they even have any or of course 2pairs. Against those fishy opponents it's easy bet for value.