Cashback @ Hill

• MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hello guys!

I've noticed that there is no RB @ Hill, but there is a cashback (= exchanging points for cash). Could anyone be kind enough to explain what % does this cashback equals to rb?
  • 29 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Jkob,

You are indeed correct, there is no direct rakeback offered at William Hill.

However, as with most other rooms on the iPoker Network, they do offer a VIP Loyalty scheme which does give a certain amount a rakeback.

For all things VIP Scheme and such @ William Hill, please click here and hopefully it will answer all your questions.

For info on the points to cash converter click here

I am not yet sure at the minute how much rakeback the points to cash converter equates to, so I will get back to you on that :)

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask us here.

You could also ask the Online Support on William Hill, as they're very quick and helpful on many queries :)

All the best and enjoy your poker,

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Jkob,

How are you? :)

You can get 75% cashback at the highest VIP level with the Points Booster. If you tell me how much you rake per month, we can tell you roughly how much cashback you can expect.

let me know
      Ingrid
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Thank you both for replies!

And hello 2 u 2 Ingrid, I'm doing quite alright, can't complain about anything atm to be honest. And how is the lady doing?

Yes, that's what I was basically looking for, give me a sec, let me check.... Ok, I'd say around 1300$ rake, give or take.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      On the other hand, I tend to switch from FR to SH...which would mean more rake imo.

Ingrid, could you please give me the info on both, 1300$ rake, and let say, 2k$ rake. Thanks in advance!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Jkob,

Thanks for the speedy reply :)

I'll try my best to explain, if you do not understand my poker language just use the report button :D

You get 30 WH points per $1 rake

Calculation:1300 * 30 = 39,000 WH points
      That puts you at Flush VIP level (6)

Calculation: 2000 * 30 - 60,000 WH points
      That puts you between Flush(6) - Full House(7) VIP level

With the points booster and assuming consistent play, I would expect you would wait to trade in your points until you have enough for either the $375 or $1500 reward.

It would take you a few months I reckon (2-3months), but you should get between 30-40% cashback depending on how long you save up for. The longer you wait, the more % you'll make.

With VIP level 6, you'll get 195 points for every $1 rake after the first month, by which point you would be VIP level 6 (Flush). Which means 195 * 2000= 390,000 WH points

# $375.00 - 250,000 WH Points
      # $1,500.00 - 750,000 WH Points

You in between here ^^

You understand it Jkob? :rolleyes:

Ingrid
    • AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      i get only 22-23 wp per $ nl50 sh cashgame
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Another thing to consider is the VIP freerolls.

For level 6, there is a 10k Freeroll which normally has around 200 runners. So a cash in this would be nice for a BR indeed
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martoman2k10
      Another thing to consider is the VIP freerolls.

For level 6, there is a 10k Freeroll which normally has around 200 runners. So a cash in this would be nice for a BR indeed
      thanks for popping by with good info :) and now your signature is fixed too ;)
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by AceOnRiver
      i get only 22-23 wp per $ nl50 sh cashgame
      It can vary depending on what limit you play, how many flops you see etc etc. Cash Games are unfortunately nearly impossible to calculate the rake you pay accurately because of the many different variables, which means calculating how many points per $ rake is also very difficult.

For nearly all of our calculations we use tournament fees as the basis for the calculations, as they are static values. It means that often the points per $ decrease, depending on the many variables I mentioned a moment ago.

The points booster system gives quite a big multiplier however, so I would think you would make more than 22-23 points per dollar? IIRC they are paid out once a month, with VIP Level 6 getting a 550% of their months total points on top.

So it is worked out like this:

Total Points + (Total Points * 5.5) = Total Points including points booster.

So the 22-23 points is the base rate. So if you rake say $2k a month or more, then it would be

23 * 2000 = 46,000 points

46,000 * 5.5 = 253,000 points

253,000 + 46,000 = 299,000 Points per month, at VIP Level 6. If you get 23 points per $1.

Hope this is helpful! :)
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Perfect Ingrid, much appreciated! :heart:

I didn't need exact numbers just some rough estimates so I can get an approximate picture, and that's exactly what I got, thanks again for your input!

Kind Regards,

Jkob.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jkob
      Perfect Ingrid, much appreciated! :heart:

I didn't need exact numbers just some rough estimates so I can get an approximate picture, and that's exactly what I got, thanks again for your input!

Kind Regards,

Jkob.
      Anytime we're here to help :) Good luck and Gold ruuuuuuun :heart:

Ingrid
    • arba1992
      arba1992
      Bronze
      more than 375$ cashback/month...uhhh nice one :s_biggrin:
    • creft
      creft
      Bronze
      The rake in WH is weighted contributed.
      Thats why the difference in points
    • Midazolam
      Midazolam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by creft
      The rake in WH is simple contributed.
      fyp ;)
    • creft
      creft
      Bronze
      If it was just contributed then all the players would get the exact same points.
      Which is not the case.
      I have made comparisons with other players here and there are differences.
      And besides that customer support told me once (cause i was trying to figure out how it works) that it matters how much money you contribute to the pot.
      Thats why they dont have a standard conversion rate between points and rake.
      If its just contributed then all the players posting BB and SB getting the same points.Which to my knowledge doesnt happen.

But i will ask once more their support to be sure.

I asked a couple of mins ago and here is my stats
      61.70 points and 0.64 euro rake.

The 30 points per 1$ rake isnt right.Thats the points you get from tournament fees only not from ring games

See the post from manolo
      William Hill Points conversion to Rake $$

He is saying that 1 point=0.025 US$ in rake.

If you do the conversion with the above results i got you will see im getting
      1 point per 0.014 US$

Am i doing something wrong? :P
    • creft
      creft
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi Jkob,

You can get 75% cashback at the highest VIP level with the Points Booster. If you tell me how much you rake per month, we can tell you roughly how much cashback you can expect.

let me know
      Ingrid
      Are you sure it can go up to 75%? :) cause i really doubt this :)
    • Midazolam
      Midazolam
      Bronze
      If it was just contributed then all the players would get the exact same points.
      Which is not the case.
      I have made comparisons with other players here and there are differences.
      And besides that customer support told me once (cause i was trying to figure out how it works) that it matters how much money you contribute to the pot.
      Thats why they dont have a standard conversion rate between points and rake.
      If its just contributed then all the players posting BB and SB getting the same points.Which to my knowledge doesnt happen.

But i will ask once more their support to be sure.

I asked a couple of mins ago and here is my stats
      61.70 points and 0.64 euro rake.

The 30 points per 1$ rake isnt right.Thats the points you get from tournament fees only not from ring games

See the post from manolo
      William Hill Points conversion to Rake $$

He is saying that 1 point=0.025 US$ in rake.

If you do the conversion with the above results i got you will see im getting
      1 point per 0.014 US$

Am i doing something wrong? :P
      Yes, you do. :f_wink:
      It doesn´t matter how much money you contribute to the pot, as long you put some money in. That means, you get already points if just fold when you are sitting in the SB and the hand is raked. (100% sure)

You get points according to this list:
      http://poker.williamhill.com/help/wh-points/
      But "Rake Range" is the amount of money WH takes out of the pot and not of the amount of rake you paid.

What does this mean and why is there no fixed ratio between points and rake?
      The first problem is the classification of this list.
      If WH takes $0.2 rake, every player who contributed money gets 1 Point. So 5WHP/$1 potrake. If WH takes $1 rake, every player gets 6WHP.

But the main point is the calculation of rake which you have paid.
      Lets take a NL10 FR table as an example.
      In both cases we have a $15 pot at showdown, so WH takes $1 rake.

Case 1:
      Everybody folds, SB push all in, BB calls =$15 pot
      2 players put money in the pot, so everybody gets 6WHP.
      Every player paid $0.5 rake. (simple contributed method)
      So you get 12 WHP/ $1 rake

Case 2:
      UTG push all in, UTG+1 calls, everyone else folds =$15 pot.
      4 players put money in the pot (UTG, UTG+1, SB, BB), so everybody gets 6WHP.
      Every player paid $0.25 rake.(simple contributed method)
      So you get 24 WHP/ $1 rake

Best regards
    • arba1992
      arba1992
      Bronze
      Hi Jkob,

let me know
      Ingrid
      Player of the Hungarian community made a great excel database:

http://hu.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=89556

In the third table you can see the cashback %
      Horizontal you can see the VIP levels, vertical the VIP cashbacks.

If you can not understand my english, maybe IngridN can give you a helping hand :D

have a nice day
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arba1992
      Hi Jkob,

let me know
      Ingrid
      Player of the Hungarian community made a great excel database:

http://hu.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=89556

In the third table you can see the cashback %
      Horizontal you can see the VIP levels, vertical the VIP cashbacks.

If you can not understand my english, maybe IngridN can give you a helping hand :D

have a nice day
      I can indeed give you a hand translating anything there, however this work is done by our market analyst guys and its soon to be released in the ENG community.