[NL2-NL10] Monster draw NL2

• Holidej
      Hi, I know I shouldn't limp here but I felt little bored and decided to see flop... Did I played this monster draw correctly?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T:spade: , 9:spade:
      Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) Q:spade: , 7:club: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.08, BU calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.57) J:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.41, MP3 folds, BU raises to $0.96, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), BU calls $0.75 (All-In).

River: ($4.28) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.28

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card queen with jack kicker (Ts 9s)
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jc)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jc)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Holidej,

Preflop: Feeling bored puts you exactly on those spots where you will just loose money or can you say the opposite? :) Standard fold for me.

As played
      Flop: Don't think that there is much to do, rather take the odds and Call if he really wants to give you that great odds.
      Turn: Huh? Why do you donk here? Or you saw yourself having straight? Pretty horrible, you will never know where you stand if you get raised here and even if you would then you had to consider folding since in long run you wont earn profit from going broke here. Rather check it and hope to get good implied odds. There is only 1 card to come. ;)

Best regards.
    • Holidej
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Holidej,
      Turn: Huh? Why do you donk here? Or you saw yourself having straight?
      Well in strategy articles writes to play monster draws aggressively but I guess that's when I have initiative :) And yes odds from turn to river are 2:1, but I guess on flop with monster draw you can go broke because odds are 1:1...Thanks Veriz.