[NL2-NL10] Flush draw play trouble

• rudders93
      Looking back at this play and I think I made some massive mistakes, but I'm not sure what. 3betting with AKs I guess is kind of standard, so I think that's ok. Get the nut flush draw on the flop with 2 overcards. At this point, even if I put him as calling my 3bet with just 5% of hands, then I have an equity of 65%.

So I'm guessing I'm ahead, problem is, he leads with the bet. Not to sure what it would mean, I mean the flop is kind of yuck for him, I guess that might've hit him if he'd played pocket tens or maybe 8s? Guess that Tens would be in his range...

Turn, I dunno why I called. Was just a gut instinct. Cannot puzzle out whether this was a good or bad move, same with the turn.

Should I have played this another way? I'm thinking that I should have called on the river given the great pot odds. But I just felt that he had me beat...

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) T:club: , 8:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.23) 9:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87.

River: ($2.97) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 raises $0.53 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.50
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello rudders93,

Even if you Call the flop then you can't Call the turn profitable in long run, you will loose a lot of money by playing this way. You don't have any implied odds there. Turn should be standard fold. :( There is no gut-instinct play and even if you expected the opponent to be bluffing then why didn't you just ship it or play aggressively on flop?

Best regards.