This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Flush draw play trouble

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Looking back at this play and I think I made some massive mistakes, but I'm not sure what. 3betting with AKs I guess is kind of standard, so I think that's ok. Get the nut flush draw on the flop with 2 overcards. At this point, even if I put him as calling my 3bet with just 5% of hands, then I have an equity of 65%.

So I'm guessing I'm ahead, problem is, he leads with the bet. Not to sure what it would mean, I mean the flop is kind of yuck for him, I guess that might've hit him if he'd played pocket tens or maybe 8s? Guess that Tens would be in his range...

Turn, I dunno why I called. Was just a gut instinct. Cannot puzzle out whether this was a good or bad move, same with the turn.

Should I have played this another way? I'm thinking that I should have called on the river given the great pot odds. But I just felt that he had me beat...

Thanks!

Known players:
      Position
      UTG1

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) T:club: , 8:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.23) 9:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87.

River: ($2.97) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 raises $0.53 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.50
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Even if you Call the flop then you can't Call the turn profitable in long run, you will loose a lot of money by playing this way. You don't have any implied odds there. Turn should be standard fold. :( There is no gut-instinct play and even if you expected the opponent to be bluffing then why didn't you just ship it or play aggressively on flop?

Best regards.