Buy PS points, uhn?

• 34 replies
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Originally posted by blackops888
      Just ran into this...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/buy-points/

I don't understand how would somebody ever buy those packages, considering the price/month of platinum status, for example, in comparison to the offers of other poker sites in which you pay like $50 or less a month and get access to all their videos.

I won't even talk about Diamond prices... :s_o: :s_o: :s_o:
      I never noticed that section before. I have no idea how I missed it. But yeah those prices do seem a little ridiculous. The Diamond could potentially be worth it. Access to all the VIP events etc.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Abhorrence
      Just ran into this...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/buy-points/

I don't understand how would somebody ever buy those packages, considering the price/month of platinum status, for example, in comparison to the offers of other poker sites in which you pay like $50 or less a month and get access to all their videos.

I won't even talk about Diamond prices... :s_o: :s_o: :s_o:
      I never noticed that section before. I have no idea how I missed it. But yeah those prices do seem a little ridiculous. The Diamond could potentially be worth it. Access to all the VIP events etc.
      It came up today I think... and it's kinda lol :D
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      I dont understand why pokerstrategy havn't implemented it before today. I think platinum is too expensive, not sure about diamond, but other than that i think the prices seem fair
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Dislike this idea very much, because i like the fact that instead of buying the points, you earn the points and sorta learn as you earn, and so for example you dont get people who should be bronze status, buying diamond status and not understanding at all some of the extra material in the diamond articles . Any other opinions? :)
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Guys,

Seems that you managed to notice the page before we could announce it. Good work! ;)

Of course we're aware that the normal use case for StrategyPoints is that people earn them by playing in one of our partner rooms. In addition, for all statuses, we believe that we have a really strong offer, and we'll continue to beef it up going forward so that, even as a Gold member, you'll have a sneak peak at some of the platinum and diamond content available. Knowing both of those things, the ability to buy points is just 'something extra' and we certainly don't want to diminish the exclusivity that our platinums and diamonds enjoy so we think we found a pricing level which reflects all of that.

We hope also, of course, than anybody who buys a status will continue to use all of our content to learn and improve their game -- fundamentally we're a poker school and that's what we're here to do: teach poker.

Additionally of course there are many members, not just in the English community, but others too, who play untracked but still are much valued community members. It might even be further, that these players are suited to the content in the higher status. Previously, they had no option but to play for those statuses, but now, they have another option if they choose.

In closing, I just want to re-iterate here that we really see this offering as being fundamentally about choice. You can choose, regardless of tracking status, games played, whatever, which content you'd like to access.

If you have any other questions, comments or suggestions, can I recommend that we put them in this thread in our feedback and suggestions forum?

Best,

Marc
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Most of us have untrackable accounts on PokerStars and other big sites. If you want to see the videos you can just pay for them.

Gold for example, at 30$ a month or 20$/month on 12 months plan is pretty good since you can pay for it when withdrawing rakeback.

Earning is not an option for everyone, especially if you don't want to move to a bad software site just to make your points worth.

Nobody forces you to buy the points, you can still earn them on a tracked account so this can't be bad in any way.

I think it's a good idea and it was suggested a couple of times in the feedback threads, so I think it will have some success.

Seems that I posted while MarcPS was posting and he covered about all I said. Great minds think alike, eh? :s_cool: Kidding. Gl with the new bussines model.

PS: too bad you had to shut down the shop, I still think it was under-advertised and your discounts were the best on poker software. Clothing and underwear were a stretch since I can't see much demand for branded clothing.

PPS: since a HeadAdmin is watching the topic I would suggest keeping part of the store open like this: allow discounted software purchases based on status ( bronze/silver/gold/etc ). That will revive the software sales and will provide good value for customer ( members ) purchases. Forward this to your marketing/finances guy ( the guy that handles pricing - if it's a girl. my bad ), he ( or she ) will hopefully see some value in between the lines.

Also, if you ever revive the shop in the manner I presented ( which is rough, but I can get into details if needed ) or any other way, please promote it better since I am pretty sure about half the members didn't know about it.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L3ST
      Most of us have untrackable accounts on PokerStars and other big sites. If you want to see the videos you can just pay for them.

Gold for example, at 30$ a month or 20$/month on 12 months plan is pretty good since you can pay for it when withdrawing rakeback.

Earning is not an option for everyone, especially if you don't want to move to a bad software site just to make your points worth.

Nobody forces you to buy the points, you can still earn them on a tracked account so this can't be bad in any way.

I think it's a good idea and it was suggested a couple of times in the feedback threads, so I think it will have some success.
      Good point, never thought about people having untracked accounts
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      @L3ST -- we will continue to sell some specific pieces of software outside of the shop, starting with HM and HM2 (including all the variants thereof). Read more here.

Once we get a good handle on the demand there, we can think about iterations and innovations in the manner you describe.

That goes also, by the way, for the Points Shop. We will first measure the success and then we can think about some really cool iterations and innovations to make the offering even better. Since we've been asked for this feature *a lot* in the past, we just wanted to get a base product to market as soon as we could.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      I still think that subscribing to CR or DC is a better option considering these prices.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      I still think that subscribing to CR or DC is a better option considering these prices.
      It's my strong belief that with a Gold package, we are strongly competitive with deucescracked and cardrunners.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      It's my strong belief that with a Gold package, we are strongly competitive with deucescracked and cardrunners.
      Do you have arguments based on the educational content? I think PS.com as a poker community is the best but I think the educational content provided here is far from it so I would like to hear your thoughts and possibly change my opinion.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Do you have arguments based on the educational content? I think PS.com as a poker community is the best but I think the educational content provided here is far from it so I would like to hear your thoughts and possibly change my opinion.
      I don't understand how you can compare a limited status to DC/CR. I can go to DC and watch their entire video category where their content is so much better than the Gold content here. Just curious, have you watched content on both sites? And do you understand poker at a level they discuss in the videos? Otherwise it's like me comparing motorbikes, I just don't understand them.

@Emanuel - i agree totally :)
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Most of us have untrackable accounts

i would like to see some charts/graph sustaining that if you can please.

this buying points concept is disgusting imo

they are REWARD points granted on merit.buying merits sounds and is filthy

also,a lot of people will lose credibility in platinum/diamond feedback,as it already did with the 10SP daily

and a final point: LOLEPICFAIL prices.as mentioned before there is a lot of value in other sites with that money and nowhere compared concerning quality/price

diamond package = 3hr with Mr. Daniel Cates...just saying

i guess im exagerating since its a choice thing,but it really seems like an attempt to boost profits
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I'd rather buy a tracked account and earn the points.. lol
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Of course, it's easy to get caught up into thinking that content = videos when we're considering the competitiveness of the gold status with other providers.

However, that's not the whole picture. You also have access to live coachings, strategy articles, hand evaluation forums as well; all of which bring live interaction with the coaches.

Of course, is there more to do here? Absolutely. We'll work tirelessly to ensure that all of our content represents great value, but honestly, I think we're already really competitive.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      I'd like to know the first eventual buyer of a diamond package.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      We'd have to ask them if they'd be ok with it of course, but if and when it happens, it's something we can think about.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      We'd have to ask them if they'd be ok with it of course, but if and when it happens, it's something we can think about.
      For Christ sake do it... and then ask Jared to analyze his mindset, because something must be off there!
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Do they count for Black membership?