This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] FR25 - AA OverPair

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $13,4
      Hero:
      $30,5

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,40) J:diamond: , T:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1,05, Hero calls $1,05.

Turn: ($4,50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2,15, Hero calls $2,15.

River: ($8,80) 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $8,80

When i reviewed this hand i couldn't belief that i played this hand so passive.
      But i think the reason is that the Villain seemed very passiv
      and i never saw him donk on the Flop bevor,
      thats why i got scared of a set (JJ,TT,44 possible with his low PFR).
      I guess the standard way to play it would be a raise on the flop of 3-3,5$ ?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I guess the standard way to play it would be a raise on the flop of 3-3,5$ ?
      - against 21/4 I would prefer that play- to raise flop to 2.8$, then bet half pot turn and rest on the river
      If he has two pair or set you would get stacked anyway, but that would not really happen that often. I would likely raise turn to 5$ and then put him all-in on the river, since he woudl call me down with Tx, Jx and you should protect your hand against draws.
      River is easy valuebet to 5$, since he would bet there better hands for value and he would likely c/c with worse hands