WCOOP $215 Events - Advice?

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey, i'm going to be playing in one of the many $215 events over the WCOOP Period, i usually play at most $11 Sunday Storm/Dailys, and the Red spade Open a few weeks back. But i've qualified for an entry, so im going to give it a whirl.

I'm not a bad tournaments player, but is there any particular Guides/videos Watch or read that would be a big benefit ?

Or just general tips.

i have the basics such as playing quite tight to start, try to get in cheap with pockets to stack someone etc, but anymore would be great ;)
  • 5 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      If you need to ask - you probably shouldn't be playing it.

But anyhow I think playing good laggy poker is the best way to have success in these.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      I apologize, i thought this forum was for learning, guess i was wrong.

But on a positive, i finished around 200th for $930 :) Lost a flip to wipe me out, AK v QQ :(
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      I apologize, i thought this forum was for learning, guess i was wrong.

But on a positive, i finished around 200th for $930 :) Lost a flip to wipe me out, AK v QQ :(
      It obviously is, I'm just saying if you've never played a $215 before then you're clearly not rolled for them and you don't have that mch experience in them, so you would probably be better taking the $ you won from the sat and adding it to the roll. Never said you couldn't play it, nor would you not do well in it.

Grats btw
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      turning them into 20x $11 tournaments is much better than playing way out of your roll and be scared money that's all amplifyd is trying to tell you.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      You mean 19x $11 tournys :P