[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ 3bet Pot vs Calling Station

• TeddyTaiwan
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.39) J:club: , 6:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.3, UTG2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.99) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.7, UTG2 calls $0.70.

River: ($2.39) 7:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows two-pair, kings and threes (Kh Ks)
      Hero shows (Qh Qc)

UTG2 wins with two-pair, kings and threes (Kh Ks)

I felt with a 3bb riase was polarised either had marginal Ax hands suited Kx or monsters like QQ+ or JJ+

I decided it was the 1st and 3bet.

Flop: J high unconnected and FD possiblities so i decided to C-bet on this occasion villian flat calls. Here i put im on hands like KJ or QJ as if he felt he had top pair

Turn: Board Pairs. With an UTG open raise fairly certain his range does not contain a 3. I still feel like i have the best hand here so i bet again and he flats again

River: 7 looks like another blank something feels wrong cause of the flats so I decide to check.

After cold call 3bet and flatting the flop. check turn and hope to get to a cheap show down?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello TeddyTaiwan,

Preflop: Against that kind of nit I don't like the 3bet since we will never be sure if we even can do it for value. Rather just Call and play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: From what worse do you expect to get called on turn? Only reasonable hand which might Call you which we beat is Ac:K but that's pretty much it. Therefore I might even Check it behind on turn and reevaluate it on river, plus of course I don't expect him to bet anyways with worse hands.

Best regards.