This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ 3bet Pot vs Calling Station

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $2.47
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.39) J:club: , 6:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.3, UTG2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.99) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.7, UTG2 calls $0.70.

River: ($2.39) 7:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows two-pair, kings and threes (Kh Ks)
      Hero shows (Qh Qc)

UTG2 wins with two-pair, kings and threes (Kh Ks)

I felt with a 3bb riase was polarised either had marginal Ax hands suited Kx or monsters like QQ+ or JJ+

I decided it was the 1st and 3bet.

Flop: J high unconnected and FD possiblities so i decided to C-bet on this occasion villian flat calls. Here i put im on hands like KJ or QJ as if he felt he had top pair

Turn: Board Pairs. With an UTG open raise fairly certain his range does not contain a 3. I still feel like i have the best hand here so i bet again and he flats again

River: 7 looks like another blank something feels wrong cause of the flats so I decide to check.

After cold call 3bet and flatting the flop. check turn and hope to get to a cheap show down?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TeddyTaiwan,

Preflop: Against that kind of nit I don't like the 3bet since we will never be sure if we even can do it for value. Rather just Call and play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: From what worse do you expect to get called on turn? Only reasonable hand which might Call you which we beat is Ac:K but that's pretty much it. Therefore I might even Check it behind on turn and reevaluate it on river, plus of course I don't expect him to bet anyways with worse hands.

Best regards.