$0,98
      MP1:
      $0,95
      CO:
      $3,04
      Hero:
      $2,33

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , T:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, SB folds, BB raises to $0,04, MP1 calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02.

Flop: ($0,17) K:heart: , T:heart: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      BB bets $0,02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, BB calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,53) 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB raises $0,76 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1,29

Basically, I am not sure if I made the correct fold here.
      I flat pre-flop as there is a lot of callers, and I have a hand that can draw the second nut-flush. I hit a two-pair on the flop, but the community cards are very drawy, offering a flush draw, a lot of gutshots and combo draws and even an already completed straight. I do have quite a good hand though, but the min-raise from the BB is weird here. He also min-raised preflop, which is a move I've seen a few times when players try to get value for their aces and kings. I therefore raise him kind of big, as I am ahead of his aces and queens. He calls me, and I put him on flush draws and perhaps aces or queens. I don't think he would call with KK, as he would want to re-raise it. He might also have a gutshot, but that seems unlikely.

Then the turn comes and completes any flush draws and put me behind any A8, K8 even 98s. He insta-shoves and I fold my two-pair, believing I am up against a flush. Was this move correct?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello NicolaiNebel,

Preflop: You can even easily isolate here with your KTs but limping in is also fine.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much to do, while you picked the passive play I guess I would be rather make the crying fold also. Looks like a block-bet on flop with draw and which hit on turn.

Best regards.