UTG: $25.13
      UTG+1: $10.41
      Hero (MP): $11.17
      MP+1: $9.94
      LP: $10.07
      CO: $7.66

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) J:spade: Q:club: 8:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.63, BB calls $0.63

Turn: ($2.11, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.11, 2 players) 6:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $3.20, fold

PostF: I think that u will say that I played this hand correct but honestly I'm not prode of it. It's completely not my style of play. In my opinion I should have fired 2nB on the turn for free showdown...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Definitely bet the turn also for free showdown and maybe even protection rather than Check it behind. As played we can't really do much, although his line is no-brainer, he might even bluff sometimes this way.

Best regards.
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      is a river call completely wrong here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kinkink220
      is a river call completely wrong here?
      What do you beat there? Only bluff. :) But what kind of hand would even bluff there, most of draws got there.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Definitely bet the turn also for free showdown and maybe even protection rather than Check it behind. As played we can't really do much, although his line is no-brainer, he might even bluff sometimes this way.

Best regards.
      Isn't CBH turn ok too? If he has Jx, he can call a bet on the river, but he'll probably fold turn. If he has a flush, we avoid a c/r and have a chance to make a flush. The problem is that we don't protect against FDs and SDs, or he might bet big on the river with a flush. What do you think?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Best regards.
      Isn't CBH turn ok too? If he has Jx, he can call a bet on the river, but he'll probably fold turn. If he has a flush, we avoid a c/r and have a chance to make a flush. The problem is that we don't protect against FDs and SDs, or he might bet big on the river with a flush. What do you think?
      Well, an idea is to Check behind.

But there are still couple of holdings which will definitely pay us. If he is even loose enough then he will definitely Call with any pair+draw. Also we gain free showdown with it.

As you see in this case the opponents line just doesn't make sense at all and I wouldn't even be surprised if he picked the Check/Raise on river while he sense weakness on our turn play. If we would have had a made hand then we would definitely bet for value and not Check behind for pot control. But of course bluff-induce on turn with Check behind is also an option while we wont get value 3streets anyways.