This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AK oop 3betting

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Step 1: get AK oop
      Step 2: 3bet for value
      Step 3: hit ace
      Step 4: ????

went for 3bet because MP3 guy has 0% fold to 3bet so far (3/3), didn't get to see hands though
      still the 3bet may be questionable

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,53
      MP3:
      $2,2
      CO:
      $1,45

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:heart:
      MP3 raises to $0,07, CO calls $0,07, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,29, MP3 calls $0,22, CO folds.

Flop: ($0,66) A:diamond: , T:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,4, MP3 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,46) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1,84 (All-In), MP3 calls $1,51 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4,48) Q:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,48
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Standard the whole way, except the flop bet was slightly smaller than it should have been ($0.55 would have set you up for a more reasonable shove, MP3 would have $1.36 left at a $1.76 pot).

It is a thin thing to pick up on, but that thin line could be the difference between him calling and folding worse hands on the turn - especially some drawing hands.

NH, WP.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Standard the whole way, except the flop bet was slightly smaller than it should have been ($0.55 would have set you up for a more reasonable shove, MP3 would have $1.36 left at a $1.76 pot).
      defo agreed, don't really know what i was thinking
      to be honest i didn't notice that we were that commited, when the turn came and i had to bet something i was like "ohgod guess it's time to get the stacks in already"
      but in any case i had to bet flop bigger due to fdraw and oop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Not much you can do there as you went for 3bet. :) We are obviously getting it in. Could just bet a bit bigger on flop so it would be easier to shove the turn.

Best regards.