This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - 66 - pot raise pot commited

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2
      MP2:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2.35

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      MP1 checks, MP2 raises to $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) A:heart: , K:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.24, Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.76.

Turn: ($2.31) 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.9, MP2 calls $0.90 (All-In).

River: ($4.11) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.11

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, aces (Ad Ac)
      Hero shows (6s 6c)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, aces (Ad Ac)

Hi veriz,

I put him on QQ+, AK. So my plan was to check with pot size raise where he is but got pot commited in the end. I wonder if I could lower my raise since it's almost half of my stack?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

There is no way we can get away here. I am playing the same way. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I know it's a nice hand. But I bet not for value, but to check wheter he's having KK+, with him having 12/10 don't you think it's pretty high he's having KK+, AK. What really annoying is with that raise size I couldn't fold anymore. Even though I'm pretty sure I'm already beat on the flop.
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      I think you defintly play this hand well.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      I know it's a nice hand. But I bet not for value, but to check wheter he's having KK+, with him having 12/10 don't you think it's pretty high he's having KK+, AK. What really annoying is with that raise size I couldn't fold anymore. Even though I'm pretty sure I'm already beat on the flop.
      How can you put him on a pure nuts here? He may as well play with any Ax this way even. And even if you just add AK, KK+ you still are even ahead. But of course we can't add only pure nuts into his range. :) But as well even AQ, maybe even AJ or never know maybe even worse.