This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - AQs - Homework 2

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.35
      MP3:
      $9.55

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      Hero calls $0.04, MP3 raises to $9.55 (All-In), 4 folds, Hero raises to $9.35 (All-In).

Flop: ($18.96) Q:club: , 8:spade: , 3:diamond:
      Turn: ($18.96) 2:spade:
      River: ($18.96) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Qh)
      MP3 shows two-pair, threes and deuces (3h 2h)

MP3 wins with two-pair, threes and deuces (3h 2h)

Hi veriz,

Well the player just wasting money by goes all-in preflop every hand. Got tempted and I thought AQs was good enough to call. If I meet this kind of player and I'm willing to take a coin-flip with what hand should I call at the minimum?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      200+ BB deep :f_o:

given that you're so deep i'd call with AQ+, TT+ (just as a variance reducing measure)
      against "normal" 100 BB guys i like to do it AJ+, 88+ with good results :f_love:

that's still a pretty tight range though, if you're willing to take the slightly +EV gambles you can call even looser, like 66+ A9+ or something
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      200+ BB deep :f_o:
      This guy really lucky son of **. He managed to go 300+BB deep. With eventually make him tell his own card because he really is spewing away his money on purpose.

I guess TT+ is better than AQ+ since he goes AI with any card.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

You really want to flip for 250BB here? With just AQs. I don't like it at all, rather fold the hand, don't really see why I should Call even if he shoves any2. :D

Also rather raise first in. :)

Of course it's not like a standard flip but:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    35.23%  33.71%   1.53% { 33+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J4s+, T6s+, 96s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, A2o+, K4o+, Q7o+, J7o+, T7o+, 98o }
      UTG+1  64.77%  63.24%   1.53% { AQs }

Which means still for me that I wouldn't do the Call while being 250BB. :D But of course if you want to take the variance why not...

Best regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i know the pain :D

yesterday before i wrote this i got a maniac on my table, he'd 3bet any two that he liked... (not a 100% range, i guess something like any high card, PP)
      soon enough i noticed what he was up to and we were flipping4rollz :D despite my good edges equitywise unfortunately i ended up with the worst of it and -2BI, AJ not holding up against A2 and more standard stuff like AKs losing to QJo :f_frown:

had to de-tilt, but now i'd play him again any day :D
      that's why we love BRM...