[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH set of 5's OOP, low board

• foolboydesire
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:spade: , 5:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,25, 2 folds, BU calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,20, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,85) 5:club: , 4:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,55, BU calls $0,55, Hero calls $0,55.

Turn: ($2,50) 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,6, BU folds, Hero calls $1,60.

River: ($5,70) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $5,70

my call on the flop is very bad i guess but at the time i was pretty sure they both missed and wanted to trap opponent hoping one of them gets A or K on turn and then proceed full throttle, however turn comes the worst card for me and there folding is the best option probably, but i don't want to give up and even if he has Ax i have 10 outs to improve and 7 outs for a split and he doesn't necessarily has an ace so i call. can i justify my call on turn? or it's an easy fold ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Why didn't you raise the flop? It's still pretty drawy, going for Check/Call on both streets is just horrible. Practically I'd just Check/Raise it right on flop or even donk it and try to get it in.

As played the turn is nothing much to add, no worse will Call anyways against our Check/Raise. We need on river ~$2,30 do you think you will get his stack if we hit our FH? If you do then sure we can go for it.

Best regards.