Bronze
      hi there,

male, 47 yrs, living in Belgium and currently at home for undefined period; a lot of time on my hands, although one hand is holding a 9 months baby :D when she is not sleeping
      why poker ? discovered it by accident, a friend introduced me and since then caught the virus. I've been on ps for +- 2 months now, discovered by accident the beginners course and i thought it would be a good thing to do.
      I got to silver recently and i spend regular hours every day reading the articles, mainly SnG and MS strategies.
      I'm currently still playing the 50$ beginners money, but ready to invest more when i feel confident

edit1: for obscure reasons, ended up playing on Everest, found out later not much of live coaching going on there :(
  • 17 replies
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey 640406225,

Welcome to the course! I'm from Belgium too! Where are you from?

All the best,

NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Bruxelles, merci!

oooops: O-Vl ----> Brussel, dank u :D
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      hello there 640406225 (a very easy to remeber name)

just to comment: you don't need to be at a certain site to participate in live coaching, most are not. the instructions are somewhere on this site.

just click the green button on the home page in the coachings section when a certain coaching is in progress -> this will open up a new window from where you will hear a coach speak -> you paste the link from that window into your browser (mostly: join me (site) + a number) and you see the coaches desktop.

it's that easy, the coachings are great, lots of helpful info. hope this helps :D .
      Bronze
      loool, yeah, i know, login name/username/whatevername..... much too confusing for me. realised it too late, when it appeared on here
      thanks for the info, i'll try again later. I surely thought you needed to be member of where the coaching took place

Paul
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey Paul,

Here goes:

Ne t'inquiétes pas, je parle un peu de français!

That was my terrible attempt at French ;)

NIVEKii
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      no problem + congratz on the nine month little person, personally they scare the crap out off me, but still congratz :D .
      Bronze
      hahaha...ty, they are quite binary at that age, cry or sleep :f_cool:
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      When I saw your SN(screen name, or serial number), must admit I had expected creative young women addicted to poker and blog with teasers from beach where she has been during august. In my mind, that was her phone number.
      However, I'm already subscribed to your thread, so I will follow. Good luck :D

P.S. I guess that your job is numbers oriented, since even babyes are binary to you :s_biggrin:
      Bronze
      you sound disappointed :tongue:
      naaah, i'm a 47 yrs old grumpy, had a wonderful life, lived my dreams and now shit has hit the fan...
      nevertheless, i have a wonderful baby, her smile makes me forget all the rest for a while; but hey, i didn't subscribe to 'how to become a shrink in 10 lessons' :D
      carpe diem
      thanks to everyone and let's have fun
      Bronze
      q1 - motivations
      as said in my introduction, i discovered poker while on holidays and a friend got me addicted to it (he invested like 100eur/month, not a very good player i guess ;-) ). i started playing in (don't shoot me!) zynga. I realised a few things quickly: patience and addiction to the game.
      I opened a FTP account, put in some eur, and hopefully it's still there waiting for me :evil:
      It got me more interested, i looked for info on strategies, hands %, etc.. and discovered PS.
      Started playing the 50$ at Everest (opened one first at WH, together with my wife, but something went wrong and PS wouldnt pay the 50$ there ?( )
      I discovered the strategy courses and worked as hard as possible to be able to read the silver sections of SnG, MSS and BS. I enjoy sitting outside and read it.
      therefore so far, i think my motivation essentially is the 'addiction' meaning the eager to learn/read/improve as much as i can

q2- weaknesses
      so far, i think it's my fold button overheating. I tend not to go into the fight without being 99% sure i might have the good hand. eventhough i feel it's wrong (surely after watching the video) i'm not enough committed to bluff. no problems with patience and tilt though ;)
      too much of a limper so far

q3- TAG
      playing the better hands with aggressive play, making sure the fewer hands are compensated by a bigger pot

P.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

LoL @ Zynga. Yeah, I tried it few times actually as well. Just for the reasons that I see everywhere the advertizement and a lot of friends inviting me there. Not really a real poker I would say, made with pretty much 1st run ~10mil. :D

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

BU will be in future the spot where you might earn the most money. And of course playing too tight from there might be kinda problematic and you ain't stealing enough. :(

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
      Bronze
      Ty Veriz,

@zynga, i currently get spammed there with pokerstrategy 50$ freeroll =)

@analyzing session; i'm using a pokertracker 60days trial to register my hands, what do you suggest i should do ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      @analyzing session; i'm using a pokertracker 60days trial to register my hands, what do you suggest i should do ?

Try out Holdem Manger after it. :) And after it maybe Holdem Manger 2 and after it maybe Poker Tracker 4. :D And might by that time have the money for some software, even for lower stakes. Or either way use Elephant which is for free.

Or if you are talking about how to analyze hands it will be covered in our coachings or as well in the material. Just wait for it. :) Although the easiest way to analyze hands in PT is to take at first look at your most won/lost hands and then try posting them and also try to understand what you did wrong there.
      Bronze
      Sorry for the delay, things aren't always easy with a baby, the right time of the day should be when they sleep, but then i either take a nap myself or doing other stuff ;)
      discovered today that probably the best time is around 5 am, when everyone is still asleep for some hours :D

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

- AJs: players called, i would call in middle pos
      - Suited connectors: all players folded / late position , i would call, not raise

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Link to the hand

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

46.32%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Well, don't worry about the poker that much. Your baby is much more important. :) You don't have a time limit for the homework anyways.

Actually about AJs/SCs I would strongly advice to play those hands with the initiative. Of course there are several options where you could play them passively although usually against full stacks and with the position I would prefer to play them aggressively. You can either take down the pot preflop or postflop with CBet or even maybe hit.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
      Bronze
      Been away from poker until now, the bad news is that my 50$ that I received at partypoker are gone X( , the good news is I'm back here and nothing to stop me anymore :D
      I'll definitely continue the lessons and use part of my free time to watch videos/read stuff in order to improve.
      Cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Auch, what happened to the $50? But great to have you back.