Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,41
      MP3:
      $10,34

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 8:club: , 6:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, MP3 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,15) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,5, MP3 raises to $3,40, Hero calls $1,90.

River: ($8,95) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2,5, Hero calls $2,50.

Final Pot: $13,95

This was a tough one. As you can see, villain is a bit on the looser side in 58hands. This is why I am not always giving him sets on the flop.

When he calls my Cbet and raises small on turn, I really fear I'm vs a set. But the turn is an A, so I'm thinking he could also have a weaker ace than me (AQ-AT), trying to protect maybe.

Vs sets we have 0% Equity
      Vs sets and AQ-AT we have 51.61% Equity (we need 21,23%)

So the thing is are we only giving him sets in this situation and fold? Or could we also put him on an A and continue?

On the river I ch, hoping for a free showdown. We need only 17,92%eq to call. So I guess if we called turn (giving him an A), we should also call River

Opinions anyone?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

You are just abusing the equity you need. :D In those spots you can't really take into account equity. But rather is the question what you beat?

There are even couple of 2pair combos, sets etc type of hands. Only hand what you beat on turn is something like A:cX. ;) Myself I'd just Bet/Fold it on turn and avoid the stupid Call which very likely come on river. :D Rather is even better to ship the turn to protect from draws. :)

Best regards.